1948 Chevrolet coupe $14,000

Beautiful 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Coupe 216 Motor - Runs good 👍 3 on the tree - manual transmission 📍 OG Interior 🔥 All Chrome and Trim complete 💯 Front Bumper guards Whitewall tires Ready to cruise. Clean Title in hand Price is $19,500, Sold as is. [hidden information] Shipped to your door lower 48!! Let’s make a deal 🤝

Funny in the header of the ad the price is $14,000 but in the description it $19,500.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/411316733963537/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae776efd1-b1f2-41e5-8d5b-80e4c6383257

This car is not mine and I have no interest in the sale

May be an image of carMay be an image of carMay be an image of carMay be an image of carNo photo description available.No photo description available.May be an image of car

Edited by deac (see edit history)

Rocker trim is missing, also, looks like the rear fender welt has been filled in? Need to spend some time aligning front fenders, hood and doors. otherwise, looks to be a nice decent car.

19 hours ago, TerryB said:

There’s some kind of chrome thing on the headlights and no windshield wipers either.  Maybe it’s the lighting but the paint almost looks like a shiny plastic coat.

I think you’re on to something. Maybe the “paint” is actually some sort of car wrap? Brightwork is dull, panels are misaligned or maybe tweaked. Seller is hoping car is bought sight unseen?

Paint appears to be a metallic flake and 25 sprays of clear coat.  The headlights .. I do not know what to make of it. Even the chrome covers over the headlamp is not installed correctly. The misaligned body parts and odd ball headlights makes me wonder if this vehicle was in an accident. 

Rear fenders molded into the body always means bucket O' Bondo on these mid 30s to early 50s cars.  That is a deal breaker.  Car is a good example when compared to the maroon Chevy coupe from last week of getting what you pay for.  

It says the car is sold as-is and that the price (whatever it is) includes shipping to your door (lower 48).  It strikes me that this car is more of a prop or a canvas to show off some fabulous newfangled ultra modern super duper shiny high tech paint system than it is an actual car that could be bought and driven away. Check out the Gtechnic, Autofiber & Solutionfinish banners and all the different types of car wash, polishing & detailing items on the garage shelves. Behind the car in the very first picture there might be a paint cabinet with many different colors of paint in it, partially hidden by the blue curtain. This is far more paint and cleaning & detailing stuff that the average guy would have. It's possible you're buying the shine and not much else. I'd be careful with those headlights, they may not be permanently attached to anything and will fall on the floor and break when the car is moved!

• Like 2