Rebuild of my 1929 Graham Paige

Gary56

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Rebuild of my 1929 Graham Paige
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To all wanting the know status of my car.  I have most the repairs done and I am now preping it for paint.  I still have not been able to locate a king k eely gas indicator and inside window crank handles and a outside door handle.  Here is a couple of pics 

20220410_140815.jpg

20220410_140840.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gary56 said:

To all wanting the know status of my car.  I have most the repairs done and I am now preping it for paint.  I still have not been able to locate a king k eely gas indicator and inside window crank handles and a outside door handle.  Here is a couple of pics 

20220410_140815.jpg

20220410_140840.jpg

Try this gentleman for the handles.

https://forums.aaca.org/profile/112535-thehandleman/

• Like 3

Vintageandclassicreproductions.com in Australia does some very nice stainless steel door handles.  Sturdy, well-crafted, and much more durable than pot metal originals.  They may have something for you.

Edited by Akstraw
Correction (see edit history)
  • Like 3

he king seeley gauge is nothing but a barrel full of problems - you can put a piece of colored plastic paper in front out it or in it (or drop in a piece of colored ribbon or ... and just make do.  Sometimes someone has an original gauge that has not yet turned to dust - though chance of getting that to work is not high.  They are reproduced though not cheap - https://straight-eight.com/ (and you can get them to work for a limited time period).

The original fluid was corrosive and the die cast is at the end of its life. 

• 2 weeks later...

I found a quote by Peter Yarrow:

My former car, a 1930 Graham-Paige pictured on the cover of Peter, Paul and Mary's Album 1700, is currently being restored by Nicola Bulgari

• Like 1

Great topic, you have come a log way and still have a long way to go, but that is ok. I hope it inspires others to take on the tasks of a restoration - it requires a lot of patience but will also give a great deal of satisfaction.

• 4 weeks later...