Cars on Poles

f.f.jones

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Looks like an Autobianchi Bianchina. You don't see that every day.

Yes, that is what it is. It was on a pole in front of the wrecking yard for years. I wanted to get it from the owner. When he all of a sudden passed away and the yard closed, I didn't know until it was sold. Cool car, though.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 2:27 AM, nick8086 said:

Not sure if I have a car on a pole.. Pic

About 7 years ago I took this picture.. This one is from the net. It was the last one open near Peters MN.

As a young kid I liked this place...

Pioneer Village, Minden, Nebraska  has a car and a wagon. on the pole and building..

55ae76d89e0df.image.jpg

1269165_155455594662075_1117466260_o.jpg

gaylord.jpg

I worked at a Happy Chef as a senior in high school. I still have a menu from there. It was located in the Independence , Missouri area.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:45 AM, hook said:

Miles, the monster. Dover Downs Raceway

Miles-The-Monster.jpg

I just want to add that Miles the monster is holding a full size car and it's a replica of the winner of the last race. It changes yearly according to the winner. I don't want any of you NASCAR fans to get bent out of shape thinking that Dover Downs is showing partiality. Haha

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

I believe it is the last year of the German Opel.  '84.

First year for "Opel By Isuzu" was 1976 model year here in the US. I repaired a left door on one about 1979.

There were no Opels* made in Germany for sale by Buick after 1975 of those early series. But, as well all should know, Opel is still making cars, and still making cars for Buick** recently. Confusing? YES!😲

* Kadets, GTs, Mantas. 

** Regals

On 1/3/2022 at 4:27 AM, nick8086 said:

Not sure if I have a car on a pole.. Pic

About 7 years ago I took this picture.. This one is from the net. It was the last one open near Peters MN.

As a young kid I liked this place...

Pioneer Village, Minden, Nebraska  has a car and a wagon. on the pole and building..

55ae76d89e0df.image.jpg

1269165_155455594662075_1117466260_o.jpg

gaylord.jpg

I was just there in June, it's got an extensive car collection.

On 1/3/2022 at 7:51 PM, The 55er said:

Long gone now but there was a Nash Metropolitan up on a pole for many years at a small used car lot on E. Cumberland St. (route 422) in Lebanon, PA. It used to be a local landmark. 

And a red midget race car on a pole coming into town from the east. I know where it is now, hasn't been on the pole since about 1980. 

• Like 1