Cars and Christmas

Alex D.

1467182072_xmassjag.jpg.5ccb3273b6deb46903c1b7056248a6b5.jpg

Santa got a flat

The junk I would drag home at around 16, My mother would find a use for it in her Christmas display. She would always try to do something different every year. One year she had a real sleigh with Santa crashing on the roof with packages thrown everywhere. My brother made her change it in fear that children would see it and think Santa wasn’t going to make it to their house.

Merry Christmas

• Haha 2

I love it!  I have a willys jeep that I had my wife talked into me putting in the front yard with lights around it and a Santa. She agreed as long as Santa was included. The cheapest one she could find was $100 which I thought was too much. Maybe next year.

3 hours ago, Alex D. said:

1467182072_xmassjag.jpg.5ccb3273b6deb46903c1b7056248a6b5.jpg

Santa got a flat

The junk I would drag home at around 16, My mother would find a use for it in her Christmas display. She would always try to do something different every year. One year she had a real sleigh with Santa crashing on the roof with packages thrown everywhere. My brother made her change it in fear that children would see it and think Santa wasn’t going to make it to their house.

Merry Christmas

A good artist and friend painted his mothers picture window one year. He had Santa, the reindeer,sled and packages all crashed on the ground and the top of the outhouse. He had Santa saying “ I said the Smith house !”  His mother wasn’t very happy when the local TV station put it on the news. 
dave s 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SC38dls said:

A good artist and friend painted his mothers picture window one year. He had Santa, the reindeer,sled and packages all crashed on the ground and the top of the outhouse. He had Santa saying “ I said the Smith house !”  His mother wasn’t very happy when the local TV station put it on the news. 
dave s 

Santa has to go too...🎅

I think that goes back to a lot of us Southerners are only a few generations removed from actually using outhouses, and we want to put it behind us!

I truly believe that if there had been plastic porta-johns in the 1960s, my dad would never have installed indoor plumbing!

'Course now, if someone had one there'd probably be a wreath on the door or a string of lights on it this time of year...😏

• Haha 2

A bit outside the usual realm of this forum, but I believe my lifelong love of everything automotive started on Christmas day 1985. I was a year and two months old, and I believe that's when I got my first 1/64 diecast cars, a Chevette no less. The obsession has been going strong and shows no sign of ever abating. It has literally shaped every day of my life, even when I was in the hospital struggling to survive, which I obviously did, I could see the major road from my bed and spent quite a bit of time just watching the cars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocketraider said:

'Course now, if someone had one there'd probably be a wreath on the door or a string of lights on it this time of year...😏

Great idea, but nobody could see it !

Restored outhouse 001.JPG

31 minutes ago, TerryB said:

No car, just cookies that I helped make today. They are called Michigan Rocks so at least a little auto tie-in.  

22A533FC-7389-433A-97DF-A5E668630987.jpeg

😋

Paul, I didn't order any this year because with the pestilence I didn't send the ones I bought last year. 2020 was a terrible year- even holidays didn't seem like holidays.