Post Hershey Goals & Resolutions

1937hd45

Hershey was two weeks ago, and for many the end of the car hobby year. Hope you got rid of unwanted stuff and replaced it with needed things. So now that stacking firewood and raking leaves is in full swing what are your car hobby plans ? Finishing unloading the trailer and storing unsold things is Goal # One for me. 

Bob

Great topic Bob! 

1) Put a few more miles on the A before it's too cold for roadsters.  

2) started to get parts together to clean things up under the hood a bit, fix usual Model A weep left rear  side of engine, and replace aftermarket intake/exhaust/heater with a stock type arrangement, clean and paint a bit and maybe finally install my engine pans.

3) order complete seat from Classtique.  Spoke with guy at Hershey and was impressed.  Time to sh**can those collapsed seat springs.

4) maybe clean up top irons and install the top finally.

5) wheels!  Not thrilled with my yellow powder coated wheels.  Car is faded maroon now, between red and black wheels and I would like to knock this project out sometime.

Lots to do, did I mention fall skeet league? 😁😁😁

• Like 1

In no particular order.....

really get my garage organized better, and after that is done, get a new tool chest. 

get all the mechanicals working well on my Packard and talk to a few experienced buddies about a “plan of attack” for the paint next spring. 

keep my eyes open for a nice Sun Analyzer Distributor machine. 

also on the lookout for a nice Mae West visible gas pump. 

Get some of my memorabilia displayed so it can be enjoyed. 

................. many more things, but I’m afraid to put them down in writing for fear some of you might check back in the spring and hold me accountable.

• Like 3

18 of 24!  Bob that's great and it sounds like you two have a great tradition.  Assume it was your PB trip.

John reminded me we have some inside work to do as well around the automobilia.  Son bought a house recently and is taking some furniture we had been holding for him creating a bit more space.  

-Recover from PHD -Post Hershey Depression.

-Get the trailers unloaded and stuff put away.

-Get some listings put online and continue moving some parts.

-Get some work finished on my '51 F1 so it'll be ready for the road next spring. 

• Like 4

Pretty much the same as pk.

Part of the depression is that I did not sell 1/2 of what I anticipated and so still have to find a place for storage.

Sorting and cleaning the pile of 1925 Buick chassis parts and engine that finaly made their way to my garage in PA. from Buick buddy Mark's place in Wash. The only things sold from this collection was a set of 1926-1927 headlights and front leaf springs.

DSC00092.JPG.9694e961a20dc04650422d7e00731f19.JPG

I am still dealing with the ongoing saga of the disposal of my beloved 1937 Buick. Accident happened on Aug 1st. I am still waiting for the PA. DMV (over 4 weeks now) to get me my salvage title so I can get the settelment check. Then I can sell the car.

20210801_190034.jpg.9d1a013e13373a71631b5ed97ced5283.jpg 

I tried to sell some of my 1937 spare parts at Hershey but only sold 2 starters and 2 wheels. 

I need to clean off the trailer so I can do my yard waste hauling to our dump.

Shame the title issue is taking so long. Same ole story about delays. At one point they were saying the DMV's were behind by months and months. I applied for a title transfer through a 3rd party and got the new title in the mail within a week. I was surprised to say the least. In MD.

Goals and resolutions? To get to Hershey next year.  Oh, also to keep on the sunny side of the weatherman.

Terry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Finish the rebuild of my wife’s 81 SLC which hydrolocked secondary to a head gasket leak when it was stored for the winter. 
Also leaving Saturday for the “Buzzy” tour in Orlando. Those of you in the NW could load a car in the trailer and head south for a few more weeks of touring. 7B814DE5-61E5-4CB9-A252-3878A043801A.jpeg.b6caf68e630377fa0588a6a829618eb9.jpeg4EEA705C-4548-49A7-8C58-36AB319FFB66.jpeg.975f7e7f502ffe9c3ae93b2d0bf091ec.jpeg

76EB8377-ED85-4E8A-BBFF-1FFCD9393F64.jpeg

• Like 1

1) Having sold my 1930 Model A last spring I finally gathered all the extra parts, books etc.   that pertained to Model A’s. I will take all to Mark Cameron’s pre-war swap meet (Owatanna MN 10/23) and sell or give away the excess.

2) Drive my Chrysler as many miles as I can until the snow flies.

3) Today I started the process of installing a starter in my 1913 Model T.

8A89EED4-8929-4990-8F95-0DC5A811D8F3.jpeg

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Great topic indeed. Speaking of '13 Ts...

Rebuild the rear axle of the '13 Touring 

Rewood the wheels

Install new tires

On the 26 T Fordon sedan

Begin disassembly and prep the body for new wood

On the '37 Cadillac 

Get the lights working properly 

Repack water pump

Install better turn signals

On the house...

New floors in the living room and dining room 

Finish 3 seasons bathroom remodeling