1929 Studebaker President 2 Door Coupe - $24,500

• Mileage: 62,500
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Condition: Excellent
  • Exterior: Maroon/black
  • Interior: Maroon
  • Seller’s Description:
    1929 Studebaker President Victoria Coupe 8 cylinder, frame off restoration, runs dives and stops as it should. Located on West Coast of Florida $24,500 
  • Price: $24,500 OBO

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/studebaker/president/2511242.html

900x.jpg

• Like 9

If my situation was a little different, I would have posted a "just purchased" thread instead of this. Hopefully it goes to a good home. I think the price is pretty reasonable if the car really is in the condition described. Hard to tell with only one picture. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I heard some presidents were eligible for CCCA events, but not the model 82, how can you tell which one is or isn’t?

15 hours ago, ramair said:

I heard some presidents were eligible for CCCA events, but not the model 82, how can you tell which one is or isn’t?

The following Studebaker President's are recognized and eligible for CCCA activities (Per the CCCA web site of approved Classics):

1928 8-cylinder models FA - FB President

1929-1933 models FE - FH - 80 - 90 - 91 - 92 Presidents (Except model 82)

1934 Model C President

All Studebakers, including Presidents, can be identified by the factory cowl tag or frame serial number.  

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 7:58 PM, J Tryloff said:

If my situation was a little different, I would have posted a "just purchased" thread instead of this. Hopefully it goes to a good home. I think the price is pretty reasonable if the car really is in the condition described. Hard to tell with only one picture. 

There are 3 pictures.  Unfortunately all the same. :( 

I recall a nice forum member trying for the longest time last year trying to sell a '29 President sedan. I, and others, thought that it had blindingly bright white wheels that were detracting from the looks of the car. The seller, however, said that they were a cream color. I find it laughably ironic to say this, but I think that this coupe would look better with some other, maybe brighter, color on the wheels.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I recall a nice forum member trying for the longest time last year trying to sell a '29 President sedan. I, and others, thought that it had blindingly bright white wheels that were detracting from the looks of the car. The seller, however, said that they were a cream color. I find it laughably ironic to say this, but I think that this coupe would look better with some other, maybe brighter, color on the wheels.

Heresy!    Coupe looks awesome the way it is.  

You are making me wonder what happen to that sedan.  I remember that saga.   Part of the problem was the ask if I recall correctly.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, alsancle said:

You are making me wonder what happen to that sedan.  I remember that saga.   Part of the problem was the ask if I recall correctly.

The President sedan, with the cream wheels, was eventually purchased by a friend of mine who lives in Maine.   His father was the go-to-guy for the Studebaker President on the east coast when he was alive.  Coincidently, by brother bought a 1929 Studebaker President cabriolet out of Maine, same family owned it's entire life, at the same time our friend bought the President sedan with the cream wheels from Louisiana.    After my brother received his President Cabriolet, and accompanying historical documentation, we were talking to our friend in Maine and made the connection that his father rebuilt the engine on the 1929 President Cabriolet back in the 1950s.   Small world amongst Studebaker President collectors.  

EF452850-51E3-4130-8E8E-09DD49B249D2.jpeg

28F15B9B-4798-4E2E-96F0-6B9FCC38152A.jpeg

Here are a couple of pictures of the President sedan taken today by the current owner in Maine.   

Edited by Mark Huston (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This car has been sold.  I attempted to purchase it but apparently, that same day, the local mailman mentioned it to the owner's neighbor down the road (who didn't know about it) and he bought it. I'm switching to UPS!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2