Nashes to be crushed

viv w

Morning all, Saw this on the Chrysler for sale section, it may interest Nash owners. They are not mine!!!!!

Nash’s to be crushed - $1,111 (Backus)

<image 13 of 14>

01313_hDWRKYVi08dz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00A0A_5SKPrGfQLy8z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00g0g_eD2WQdoxzsCz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00I0I_hgKkoHxQipbz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00S0S_8Cc3kESasLez_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00505_3rsfEN71FSqz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00E0E_jOYMKyDC7kVz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00s0s_3ff7eul5MItz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00K0K_es7QV1LqYaez_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00000_cxX1kIuybz3z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00A0A_kL4WwBoj0zEz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00g0g_hTWHfdAPRmfz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00r0r_41SaaTpMBD6z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

2887.png2887.png2888.png2888.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
Have several Nash’s here that have been laying around for years and no one seems to want them so they are going to be scrapped soon, I prefer to see them saved if possible but I’m tired of seeing them just sit and rot. All are in rough shape with no titles.Open to fair offers on one or all, stupid questions and emails will be ignored. Calls or texts only. Two one eight, eight two one, nine six six nine
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Hmmm?

How can something as anodyne as a car listing garner the exact opposite result of the help it is seeming to ask for?

Looks like many of them have plenty of usable parts. 

The ransom style, "buy them or else" sales pitch is a little harsh, along with the "stupid questions will be ignored" comment.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but there's usually only one, very simple reason why a car doesn't sell and my instinct tells me that may be the case here.

Too bad.  It would be a crime to crush all of this iron.

23 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

Hmmm?

How can something as anodyne as a car listing garner the exact opposite result of the help it is seeming to ask for?

Looks like many of them have plenty of usable parts. 

The ransom style, "buy them or else" sales pitch is a little harsh, along with the "stupid questions will be ignored" comment.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but there's usually only one, very simple reason why a car doesn't sell and my instinct tells me that may be the case here.

Too bad.  It would be a crime to crush all of this iron.

I agree, I only met one yard owner that was stable and friendly, most are paranoid a-holes. There is also a a very good reason why all of the cars are some what complete. I had seen this before a few times with some yards in PA. I remember a yard in Palmerton PA owned by a guy who refused to sell anything, and told us to get lost several times. He had TON of stuff, complete like the Nash's in the photo's. I specifically remember he had a few 48 Chevrolet Aero's and would not sell anything off of them, they all got crushed. We went back when we heard he was crushing and he was a nice guy willing to sell us what ever crumbs that were left, sort of apologetic for the way he was. Most yard owners who have fields of cars are a pretty strange bunch.

As remotely located as he is and the deteriorated condition of those Nashes, the best he can hope for is to sell whatever trim by advertising on-line and shipping it that is still in demand which probably isn't much.   I saw those unit-bodied Nashes pull apart in two after setting on damp ground for years.  The rust just eats those cars alive from the bottom up.

• Like 1

I could have bought a very nice Nash, kept in indoor storage, for only about $3500. It was an estate type sale and I would have felt bad even buying it. The owners son said he was letting someone buy it for only $2500, unless I wanted to top that offer. Indoors, no rust good paint. I think I posted a picture a while back. So in comparison these outdoor rusty hulks are worth less than the cost to go pick them up, even if you lived within driving distance.

For a hobbyist, selling parts on ebay has become a PITA. No fun. I used to do it a lot. They seemed to have found a way to complicate almost every part of the process. Maybe with good reason. I don’t know. 

It takes effort, lots, to strip off 70 year old parts with very rusted fasteners. Wrap it all up. Pack it. Sell it. Ship it. Then people want stuff for as cheap as possible.  I can understand at least some of the tone in the ad. 

• Like 1

I expect that if this collection was closer to a larger population area the more or less intact cars would over a reasonable time sell for 5 or 6 times their scrap value.

Their location is probably what led to them surviving up to this point in time, but will probably also be their doom.

1 hour ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I'll bet that was a tricky body to chop with all of the angles.

They did a great job on it, the paint and everything was done almost 30 years ago, I was criticized for leaving the wheels on it that they used, I felt it disrespectful to 'update' them.  Cruising down rt 81 at 100mph, arm on the windowsill, VooDoo Daddy on the sterio, just puts the right kind of smile on your face.  It is called 'RubaDub', I sure miss it.