Safety First - (Humor)

Peter Gariepy

1 hour ago, Peter Gariepy said:

It gets worse the more you look...

It certainly does!.

Let's see, that looks like a rather heavy engine with large transmission. The beam weighs in at about two hundred pounds. The ladders are moderate duty (at least they are not light duty home types!), probably rated for about three hundred pounds maximum for each? That alone is scary enough. But those fractured remnants of broken bricks under the ladder legs? Add all that unstable stacking under the ladders? If a dog walked by and sneezed it could all fall apart!

I would rather be under that pickup with the welder!

I have to say that in fourty-four years as an Funeral Director/Embalmer I only remember about eight of these guys.  I guess there are still some Angels looking over peoples shoulders.  Thank God.

On 9/21/2020 at 6:49 PM, wayne sheldon said:

It certainly does!.

Let's see, that looks like a rather heavy engine with large transmission. The beam weighs in at about two hundred pounds. The ladders are moderate duty (at least they are not light duty home types!), probably rated for about three hundred pounds maximum for each? That alone is scary enough. But those fractured remnants of broken bricks under the ladder legs? Add all that unstable stacking under the ladders? If a dog walked by and sneezed it could all fall apart!

I would rather be under that pickup with the welder!

And the "beam" looks to be about a 2x8 ON EDGE:o

57 minutes ago, JamesR said:

My understanding is that Harold Lloyd did all of those stunts himself. I think Buster Keaton did, too.

Yes, he did. 

Even to his detriment. If you look close in some of his movies, you'll see he wears a prosthetic on his hand to hide the two fingers he's missing. They were lost when a prop bomb went off in his hand while filming.

I wonder if this was a divorce situation? Court room dialogue must have been interesting...

"yes sir your honor ... she can have the truck, I just finished rebuilding the engine and it's ready for her, it's in the garage :) "

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)