Elkhart Collection

Just now, mike6024 said:

The catalog has 15 pages of stuff including items like tools, memorabilia, engines, parts. Boat outboard motors, several "Formula Vee" projects.

I didn't see the Shaw Special or either Bugatti. Bob 

My 1st choice in this pile would definitely be the ex-Lindley Bothwell Locomobile Model 48 Sportif. I sat in this car at his ranch when I was a kid.  While owned by Bothwell, this car made a brief cameo appearance in the movie "Chaplin". Another old acquaintance bought this car from Bothwell and owned it until the current owner acquired it. It's just a great, original car with a strong presence inside and out.

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my dumbest moments took place on the Bothwell Ranch. Crazy Chris of Shell Hill fame took me there in his Model A Ford Speedster back around 1974, a car that took me 40 years to finally find. Sorry it can't be bought. Mr. Bothwell gave us the tour, two floors of cars in tin covered barns. The big one cylinder Packard and Hooker Special Twin Cam Miller were highlights to me. Right around the 38th photo on a 36 photo roll I realized all those photos were just in my memory.

Bob 

This is a bankruptcy auction so there should be no reserve on anything. I would think that if you buy enough cars that you will be able to buy the property if it has not been sold yet and save having to move the cars. 

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

1st "lot" is two Alfa Romeo rear axles, differentials

2nd "lot" is Alfa Romeo engines/parts. Two blocks, one head, and misc.

Just posted it, because there are several engines of various makes people may be interested in, so you might want to look through the parts as well as the cars.