Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

image.png.07adb8ee94a950bb989ca36b51e115f7.png

ra020402.jpg

Terry Harper provided photo of the 1902 Rambler in a previous post.  The Rambler is today privately owned and has been on public display for quite some time at the Boothbay Railway Museum and before that at the Owls Head Museum.   I believe the same family, father, then son, has owned the car since the early 1950s.  I ever get my pile of Rambler reconstructed it will be because of all the photos I have taken of this car and the information it has shared.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2022 at 9:12 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

Nice Fageol with interesting headlights

image.png.9d56d4f53bbbf091802294b266dc042d.png

The first time I've seen Woodlites on a commercial vehicle.  They were most often seen on Ruxtons, Cords, and other more expensive cars.

Craig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Talk about a setback front axle!!

Walter used a unique FWD drive system using pinions and ring gears for the final drive. It was a great system but it did limit the turning radius which also accounts for the radical set back front axle which was used in an effort to shorten the wheel base and thus improve the turning radius.

walter-2.jpg?resize=456%2C640&ssl=1

walter-3.jpg?resize=453%2C640&ssl=1

Edited by Terry Harper (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 3:56 AM, Jorge Amado said:

Panhard et Levassor - not sure what model.

General Dubail (Military Governor of Paris) visiting the Russian Embassy in Paris - 22/05/1916

Réunis dans les jardins de l'ambassade de Russie, les députés français et russes se rencontrent lors d'une réception organisée en l'honneur des membres de la Douma venus en France. Le gouverneur militaire de Paris arrive à bord de son automobile de marque Panhard et Levassor Sans Soupape. 

99F19937-2CC4-4832-90D4-F80D029C9400.jpeg

Translation of text.

Gathered in the gardens of the Russian Embassy, the French and Russian deputies meet at a
reception organized in honor of the members of the Duma who have come to France. The military
governor of Paris arrives aboard his Panhard et Levassor Sans Soupape automobile.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 8:02 PM, Terry Harper said:

Model T Ford Forum: Old Photo - Ford Motor Car Co. Locomotive Built  01/18/1913

This is the Fireman's side of a Shay geared locomotive.  Primarily designed for logging and mining railroads.  Most either burned wood or oil this one is coal fired.  Ford owned two of them I believe.  The Engineer's side of the Shay has all the steam cylinders, drive shafts and geared wheels on the two trucks.🤩

Capt. Harley😉

"Skirts are for Women and not Car Fenders"

• Like 3

10 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Dodge Brothers roadster....

IMG_3576 (3).JPG

Tried looking into Akin Oil Co and have found limited information

THE AKIN OIL COMPANY :: Oklahoma (US) :: OpenCorporates

The Akin Oil Company in Tulsa, OK | Company Info & Reviews (bizapedia.com)

#5 - International petroleum register; a yearly directory ... 1923. - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library

I've just begun researching the Tulsa City-County Library Digital Collection. I'd recommend it to you as there are a ton of items that may be connected and you may find out more about the man or company on those links. 

Tulsa City-County Library Digital Collections - Tulsa City-County Library Digital Collections (tulsalibrary.org)

In a few minutes of searching the Leverson Oil Collection I came across a couple of interesting ones I've never seen before, Invader Oil and a crew cab Sweptline (Post War but still worthy of posting imo)

image.png.cdc3e12625c056f986b00505c81ff863.png

image.png.4dadfb12f03f1ed06e8f404a3768c055.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Pete Wood said:

1903 Cadillac - but the photo has been transposed (it was Right Hand Drive). I have shared this to the Single Cylinder Cadillac Facebook group. Thanks for sharing.

Weird - I saved that photo and flipped it but it doesn't want to be posted back here for some reason.

On 10/16/2022 at 5:52 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

In a few minutes of searching the Leverson Oil Collection I came across a couple of interesting ones I've never seen before, Invader Oil and a crew cab Sweptline (Post War but still worthy of posting imo)

image.png.4dadfb12f03f1ed06e8f404a3768c055.png

I wonder if Armbruster did the crew cab modification on that Dodge.

Craig