Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Thanks John for letting us know about the photos showing up on the Google search - AACA leads the way for automotive historical images. Someone has now sorted that out.

You saw it here first!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I actually search content on this site that way if it had a picture included in the thread (which is what I'm usually looking for).  If I can't remember exactly but have an Idea of what I'm looking for,  I can do an image search and put AACA in with the key words.  It will usually pull it up.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I actually search content on this site that way if it had a picture included in the thread (which is what I'm usually looking for).  If I can't remember exactly but have an Idea of what I'm looking for,  I can do an image search and put AACA in with the key words.  It will usually pull it up.  

That will always work - best way to find something is do a search using such as aaca and X (a lot of people though are probably not aware of this feature though).

Technically you should be able to type AACA and L-29 Cord to find all my marked posts (the unlabeled ones though are another story). 

I quickly found many using:  aaca l-29 Cord site:forums.aaca.org 2020

53 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

He did pretty good getting that crank out with a hammer and a screwdriver. ;)  Not to mention the piston and connecting rod. 

I once removed a crankshaft and several rods with no tools..........just a little too much Nitrous oxide..........it was; quite the mess. In front of my fathers house......"he was NOT impressed. The oil stain from the engine and transmission was visible for years.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Same Place, different years and cars. Small Town on the Swedish west coast, near Gothenburg.

Kungälv tidigt 20-tal.jpg

I think the car on the far left side is a Scania-Vabis 2S. The light colored smaller car with wire wheels is a four-cylinder 1921-24 Steyr IV

Kungälv 1932.jpg

A German 1934-35 Opel 1,2 Litre  is lurking among the Americans, probably a late 20s Fiat besides it.Two soft top Ford Model A:s including a Phaeton.

Kungälv sent 30-tal.jpg

In the last postcard the European small cars are coming even steadily. Front-Wheel drive and two-stroke DKW, the Opel besides it narrows down the time period to 1938-39

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)
  • Like 1