Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

36 minutes ago, Tph479 said:

Mercedes Benz boat tail. Incredible proportions on this one for the vintage.

IMG_1876.png

Murphy bodied a few of these "S" Mercedes.  I don't know the exact number.  One was the famous Muroc match race car.

Here is one at Pebble recently.

28-Mercedes-S-Murphy-DV-11-PBC_06.jpg.02699cb6cedbda3489db424ccf87e30d.jpg

• Like 8

On 11/30/2023 at 8:20 PM, Tph479 said:

Packard twin six. You all should know who is sitting in it. 

IMG_1871.jpeg

I was just playing around on the worldwide web that one of our ex politicians invented, and came across this page describing Ruth’s maroon Packard roadster. Thought you all would enjoy. 

IMG_1878.png

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tph479 said:

I was just playing around on the worldwide web that one of our ex politicians invented, and came across this page describing Ruth’s maroon Packard roadster. Thought you all would enjoy. 

IMG_1878.png

Do you recall where you found it? I'd like to read the rest of it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Do you recall where you found it? I'd like to read the rest of it.

I was playing around on the Googler yesterday and I typed in the search engine both Babe Ruth car and Babe Ruth packard. I found this book page  down in the images section. I also wanted to read the rest of the article but only that page came up when I clicked in it. Babe must have been a real baller back in the day. I also find the picture of him in riding in the Lincoln fascinating. The deep crowds, well dressed people, cop on the motorcycle, and what looks like Boy Scouts holding the line. 

I would place Ruth, Ali and Jordan on top of the mantle of athletes that transcended into world pop culture by a country mile. I can’t think of any other ones that everyone from young to old can instantly recognize by a picture or just by first or last name alone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Brings to mind the old saying" just because you can, ===". 

So ugly one can ALMOST become attracted. Almost.

Ben

Yes, and I hope that the number 35 on the side doesn't mean the thirty fifth one made!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

8 hours ago, Lee H said:

Did it start as a Lincoln or a Cadillac?

IMG_0458.jpeg

José Ham Gunam, a native of Chinese and Lebanese roots, was a devoted fan of motorsports from a young age, a passion that helped him develop a natural ability for automotive design and mechanics. His dedication and persistence led him to be the first and only driver from the southeast to have competed in the penultimate edition of the Carrera Panamericana in 1953, an international competition in which he participated with a vehicle designed and manufactured by himself.

To this day, this original racing car can be seen in the Campechano Automobile Museum, where you can also see other cars of his authorship. One hundred percent folksy place that shares beautiful memories, photographs from yesteryear, trophies and scale models of many famous cars.

https://exploracampeche.com.mx/directorio/museo-del-automovil-jose-ham-gunam/

Museo-Automvil.jpg.8775e66ef63dfebfdfe8b4e52291e2c6.jpg

museo-automovil-jose-ham-gunam.jpg.30fa4d821e7208ee4323227330981b79.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1