Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

20 hours ago, edinmass said:

Farman are scarce……I have seen two in person, and had a ride in one. Felt like a three Liter Bentley…..I think they made multiple sizes and chassis……..the one I rode in was a 1924 or there abouts……..not as big as the car in the photo….but very well done.

With Greek heritage I learned about Icarus. Farman’s early aircraft work gave them a real experience of Greek mythology. Beautiful ornament.5A9D2A97-7850-413C-A760-44841404AC1C.jpeg.45c1f8eb907e17a27b80f37665c407b1.jpeg

• Like 1

Marmon V16 in Central Park in NY City, photo by John Adams Davis . Car is facing east . The tail light appears to be a Treslite that was also used by the 1931 to 1933 Franklin Airman series of cars.

MARMON16rearCP.jpg

• Like 3

Appears to be an early car packing photo; competition for the Packard moniker?  In more recent times the young and limber folks packed telephone booths and VW beetles.  Now days they pack a Smart Car.  Our '28 Model A roadster went to a new home because my creaky old joints couldn't deal with the cramped size of Henry's creation.

lode.jpg.b0fd9c43903c6a33a34a3f86ad7eb9ed.jpg

1c7e1dc46ef9fffd141cea5f9ec9452e--telephone-booth-stuffing-1805984307.jpg

thsmart-2296669738.jpg

14 minutes ago, twin6 said:

Safe-D-Lites?

that is what I thought too immediately , earlier version of the pair I have on my 1930 Packard that were factory authorized accessories. No one has ever heard of the Saf-D-Lites

even current seasoned Packard enthusiasts /collectors, much less seen them fitted to a car.

Walt

• Like 1

8 hours ago, edinmass said:

99D78789-D02D-4FE6-864A-235628BA577F.png

Very interesting picture of this Studebaker Big Six, exact same body as mine. It seems there is some pinstripping on the botton edge of the black beltline, maybe there is it also in the upper edge.

What kind of lense the safe-d-lites are using? 

GM Brazil started in 1925, as an assembly plant for CKD cars shipped from US. The second line in the sign says “Offices and Factory”.

The front car seems to be a 1928 Chevrolet touring, is the other one a 1928 Pontiac sedan ?

image.png.52dfd57bf844c9be87df07851767defe.png

Edited by JRA (see edit history)
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, twin6 said:

An early one, looks like a rear entrance tonneau, with interesting suspension.  Hopefully someone will identify it, and clue us in on the purpose of the squeeze bulb.

early.jpg

Prime the carburetor??

• Like 1

The photo was captioned "Winther Snow Blower".  It doesn't look anything like the Winther automobiles but perhaps this beast was produced by Winther.  It appears the spiked tire tread could provide good grip on slippery surfaces as well as aerating a lawn in summer.

Winther snow blower.jpg

Winther snow blower - Copy.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JRA said:

GM Brazil started in 1925, as an assembly plant for CKD cars shipped from US. The second line in the sign says “Offices and Factory”.

The front car seems to be a 1928 Chevrolet touring, is the other one a 1928 Pontiac sedan ?

image.png.52dfd57bf844c9be87df07851767defe.png

Both the Chev and the Pontiac have no front brakes so they are 1927s.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twin6 said:

An early one, looks like a rear entrance tonneau, with interesting suspension.  Hopefully someone will identify it, and clue us in on the purpose of the squeeze bulb.

early.jpg

1905 Acme 16Hp Type VI Light Touring

Wheelbase : 84 inches

Manufacturer : 1903 - 1911 Acme Motor Car Co. -    Reading, Pennsylvania.

1904-ACME-Motor-Car-Co-Ad-Type-VI.jpg