Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

2 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

While on women and cars this one turned up in a bunch of old photos. No cars in the rest. The car? - Hudson maybe???

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person

Buick. 1930....here is the four door sedan version....

1930 Buick rear.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LCK81403 said:

1930 Studebaker Light Six, purpose-built van for servicing Pennzoil signs (not for servicing vehicles).

30 Studebaker Light Six 01-03.jpg

30 Studebaker Light Six 02-03.jpg

30 Studebaker Light Six 03-03.jpg

I'm sure we'd all like to see what this would look like colorized and without the whitewalls if anyone can do it...

34 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

I'm sure we'd all like to see what this would look like colorized and without the whitewalls if anyone can do it...

Ask Richard Quinn.

He has had some other vintage Studebaker factory photos blinged up in color by Patty at 'Imbued With Hues'  She does a wonderful job.    Colorizing old photos esp Studebaker some samples - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Craig

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

Late '50s Corvette concept car. Apparently driven in an episode of Route 66 by - the now late - Lois Nettleton. 

154371543_10208883282795386_6337548212328064236_o.jpg

This picture was taken at the GM Technical Center in Warren Michigan.  It is looking south east from the Mound Road side of the Tech Center, south entrance.  The building in the background is the GM Design Staff Studios.  One of the ponds is just behind the line of trees.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

Me and my girl wet sanding my 54 Ford in 1960. Don't know where the Ford ended up but i still have the girl............Bob

20210224_164540-1.jpg

This photo makes me think of two things:

1. Kids & grand kids have no idea how cool their parents/grand parents were a long long time a go.

2. I wish I had a photo of my girlfriend sitting where the motor was supposed to be on my Shelby wire brushing the frame.

• Like 6

Back to the Black & White - Dashboard is of a 1938 Nash, Publicity photo issued by Nash as part of their PR Press kit. The lady was not listed as a factory accessory that went with the car....

The photo of the engine I believe is of an L29 Cord in the Weymann bodied coupe that I posted some earlier views here someplace several months ago. Photo was taken some time in the early 1950s (if it is that car) when located in Brooklyn, NY and owned by author and model builder Herb Lozier.

NASH1938dashboard003.jpg

CORDweymannmotor1953001.jpg

• Like 4

1924 Packard model 143....1st year 8 Cylinder....long hood....dual spares 

That Packard is actually the rare  136 (or 236) Sport model with the low profile body.  The most obvious clue is the Sport had the rear doors hinged at the front, the rear doors on the  143 were rear hinged

• Like 3

As stated above, "Girls on cars, boys in front of cars."  My 1953 Studebaker Commander in 1963 with a girlfriend aboard and with me dressed for a formal party.  The car is long gone, but I still have the old tux, can just fit into it, though the waist has been let out in the pants.

1953Commander-bonnie-1963.thumb.png.e4410a9eeb1f013edc693122e49fbb33.png

1942948121_1953Commander-Ithaca-1963enlarged.thumb.jpg.19183662dcccbb710a2c50af39a98e61.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, DavidMc said:

That Packard is actually the rare  136 (or 236) Sport model with the low profile body.  The most obvious clue is the Sport had the rear doors hinged at the front, the rear doors on the  143 were rear hinged

That car's rear doors were hinged at the rear.

13 minutes ago, twin6 said:

That car's rear doors were hinged at the rear.

I looked again and saw a handle at the rear of the door which usually indicates the hinges are on the opposite end (at front)--if we're talking about the same car...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DavidMc said:

I stand corrected. Thanks. Looks like 1st series with the forks holding the headlights, early 24 front bumper 

Edited by 34LaSalleClubSedan (see edit history)