Period images to relieve some of the stress

1924 Packard model 143....1st year 8 Cylinder....long hood....dual spares 

That Packard is actually the rare  136 (or 236) Sport model with the low profile body.  The most obvious clue is the Sport had the rear doors hinged at the front, the rear doors on the  143 were rear hinged

• Like 3

As stated above, "Girls on cars, boys in front of cars."  My 1953 Studebaker Commander in 1963 with a girlfriend aboard and with me dressed for a formal party.  The car is long gone, but I still have the old tux, can just fit into it, though the waist has been let out in the pants.

1953Commander-bonnie-1963.thumb.png.e4410a9eeb1f013edc693122e49fbb33.png

1942948121_1953Commander-Ithaca-1963enlarged.thumb.jpg.19183662dcccbb710a2c50af39a98e61.jpg

• Like 6
12 hours ago, DavidMc said:

That Packard is actually the rare  136 (or 236) Sport model with the low profile body.  The most obvious clue is the Sport had the rear doors hinged at the front, the rear doors on the  143 were rear hinged

That car's rear doors were hinged at the rear.

13 minutes ago, twin6 said:

That car's rear doors were hinged at the rear.

I looked again and saw a handle at the rear of the door which usually indicates the hinges are on the opposite end (at front)--if we're talking about the same car...

• Like 1

Rear door handle is at the front of the door, so rear hinged.  Maybe there's another post or photo causing confusion.  To my knowledge, sport models used the "T" type door handle, while tourings always had stirrup type.

143.jpg

• Like 2
18 hours ago, DavidMc said:

I stand corrected. Thanks. Looks like 1st series with the forks holding the headlights, early 24 front bumper 

Edited by 34LaSalleClubSedan (see edit history)

From Hungary, it seems the plane is a Bristol 83B of which Hungary had five as basic trainers.

Maybe a Tracta car on the left. The truck I have no idea.

The car on the right maybe a Durant Star?

20s autos Kovacs Tamas Hungary.jpg

20s autos James Wood Bristol 83B.jpg

• Like 1

San Fernando Valley 1911.

Not a large photo unfortunately but an intriguing looking limo/bus. From a closer look at what little can be seen of the radiator maybe it is a White??

00006976.0.jpg

• Like 1

This one makes frequent appearances on facebook.  There are those who think it is photoshopped but I think it is for real.

Location the end of the St Angelo bridge in Rome looking towards the Castel Sant'Angelo. We were driven across that bridge on our Rome city bus tour in 2014. It is only a short distance from St Peters.

old photos Sophia Brett Forester.jpg

• Like 3
12 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

Maybe a repurposed Turcat-Mery from circa 1912?

I think the photo date could be circa 1930.

Ballston Spa. NY state?

old rides Ken Sanders horse.jpg

Ballston Spa, NY is just a stones throw from the Saratoga Springs Race Course a famous historic thoroughbred horse racing track here in NY(fourth oldest in the US). Great photo, I love the padding on the inside of gate! 

8 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

This one makes frequent appearances on facebook.  There are those who think it is photoshopped but I think it is for real.

Location the end of the St Angelo bridge in Rome looking towards the Castel Sant'Angelo. We were driven across that bridge on our Rome city bus tour in 2014. It is only a short distance from St Peters.

old photos Sophia Brett Forester.jpg

Gina Lolobrigida.  Still alive - in her 90's - and still making movies.