THREE PHOTOS What rings do I need to jump through?

1937hd45

Seems to be all about the size of the files that you are posting, They have a maximum number of megabytes you can post daily. I’m sure this is to keep the robo-posting yahoo’s from crashing the system...

try to decrease the size of your picture before you post.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Wetherbee said:

Seems to be all about the size of the files that you are posting, They have a maximum number of megabytes you can post daily. I’m sure this is to keep the robo-posting yahoo’s from crashing the system...

try to decrease the size of your picture before you post.

Since you know please tell me what size my photos are, THEY POST JUST FINE ON EVERY OTHER WEBSITE I"M A MEMBER OF. Bob 

Logged OUT, forgot my Password, applied and received a new one, tried to post my THIRD photo of the day and REJECTED. If I remember I'll try tomorrow but that will seam so unrelated to what I was trying to comment on and out of place. Bob . 

The Forum site apparently counts the size of the files that you upload.  It resizes any photos to a maximum size of 800 x 600, usually giving a file size of 150-200 KB in size.   When someone else downloads a photo, that is the file size they get.  So, learn to resize your photos BEFORE they are uploaded and you can post many more photos per day. 

I think the only way around it is to put the photos on a photo-sharing site or your own website and link to them. 

Just now, Gary_Ash said:

The Forum site apparently counts the size of the files that you upload.  It resizes any photos to a maximum size of 800 x 600, usually giving a file size of 150-200 KB in size.   When someone else downloads a photo, that is the file size they get.  So, learn to resize your photos BEFORE they are uploaded and you can post many more photos per day. 

I think the only way around it is to put the photos on a photo-sharing site or your own website and link to them. 

That is what I do, see a photo add it to the chip I have in at the time. I could download as full chip on the HAMB if I wanted to but TWO PER DAY HERE. Bob 

3 minutes ago, dalef62 said:

If you just back out of your post and go back to the main forum, then go back in you can post more pictures.  I have done it several times and never log out.

I seriously doubt that would work. Tried to send the photo to the Forum member I wanted to reply to and that was REJECTED also. TWO IS MY LIMIT guess I just live with it. 

Hi Bob,

I don't have the concentration left to learn new things. It has been a while, but Steve has taken the time to walk me through a couple of situations like this. Call him if you keep having the problem. I have to apologize for my ignorance, but Steve tells me there is no need for apology.   -   Carl 

• Like 1

I don’t know what to say, when I try to post anything it asks me what size and I usually do medium. I’ve not hit the limit in a long time.

The chose file button says 9.7 megabytes limit which is a lot if all your pictures are 150-200 kB Gary posts above. 

17 minutes ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

I don’t know what to say, when I try to post anything it asks me what size and I usually do medium. I’ve not hit the limit in a long time.

The chose file button says 9.7 megabytes limit which is a lot if all your pictures are 150-200 kB Gary posts above. 

Were are these numbers you mentioned, AACA or somewhere in your storage system?  Bob 

I keep my pictures on a OneDrive folder, to see a file size you look at the ... section and get a pop up showing the information including the file size. When you upload it here, it also tells you that size just below the picture once you upload it. The attached picture is 1.8 mb, so I can post 3 more things this size today. 

A5437E88-518E-48A2-8C60-924E12503016.png

3 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

I seriously doubt that would work. Tried to send the photo to the Forum member I wanted to reply to and that was REJECTED also. TWO IS MY LIMIT guess I just live with it. 

I do it all the time on my FOR restoration thread.  Load two photos and then post it, back out to the restoration threads, then back in and edit post and add two more pictures.  Then I save changes and do it all over again if I have more pictures to add.

21 minutes ago, alsancle said:

150k-200k are tiny photos.  Expecting a bunch of old guys to learn how to resize the defaults from their iPhone is probably a stretch.

And you have probably noticed how few pictures get uploaded since the new restrictions. Threads these days are mostly complaining about Elon Musk, millenials, electric cars, the government (of more than one country), automakers, vendors, etc. Why so few threads about restoration or driving the cars? Maybe it is just too big of a pain to upload the photos. Many have outright said so.

This doesn't affect me personally because I upload my pictures to imgur.com, and just link back to them from here. Still, it is impossible to miss how the photo limits have put a damper on things around here.

If covering the cost of more photo space caused my AACA dues to go up a little I would be fine with it. Thoughts?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, alsancle said:

150k-200k are tiny photos.  Expecting a bunch of old guys to learn how to resize the defaults from their iPhone is probably a stretch.

Finding the funds to buy an !Phone and the monthly cost of having it PLUS finding someone to provide obscenity free instruction isn't something that will happen soon. Bob 

• Like 2

Just now, Bloo said:

And you have probably noticed how few pictures get uploaded since the new restrictions. Threads these days are mostly complaining about Elon Musk, millenials, electric cars, the government (of more than one country), automakers, vendors, etc. Why so few threads about restoration or driving the cars? Maybe it is just too big of a pain to upload the photos. Many have outright said so.

This doesn't affect me personally because I upload my pictures to imgur.com, and just link back to them from here. Still, it is impossible to miss how the photo limits have put a damper on things around here.

If covering the cost of more photo space caused my AACA dues to go up a little I would be fine with it. Thoughts?

There is some comfort in knowing I'm not alone. If the carap you mentioned could be replaced with photos this could revert back to the ANTIQUE automobile club of America. Yeah, that's going to happen. Bob 

Just posting to see if I encounter the same problems - apparently not.

Terry

(These are photos I previously posed showing some of my Hershey treasures from this past year).

Hershey 2019 Plugs pic 1.jpg

Hershey 2019 Plugs pic 2.jpg

Hershey 2019 Pennants.jpg

Hershey 2019 boxed display items.jpg

Hershey 2019 Brass Lamp 1.jpg

Hershey 2019 Nodders.jpg

Hershey 2019 Pocket Watch.jpg

Hershey 2019 Chevy ribbon.jpg

5 hours ago, Bloo said:

My thoughts are in agreement with you. I have no idea what may be available for us, though.   -   Carl 

I use a huge file size on my camera so I can enlarge my photos to show small details, or enlarge the photo to crop a small segment of the photo to use elsewhere. When posting photos on this site, I typically can post one or two at a time. When I create a post, I can usually post only one or two photos per post. When you hit the "submit reply" button, the forum software downsizes the photo file size when it saves the post. As soon as the post is saved, I click on the "edit" button and add one or two more photos. I can repeat this editing process to add as many photos as I have ever wanted to add to a post. It is a bit obnoxious, but it is a fairly simple work around. I wish there was a way for the forum software to make this editing process unnecessary, but it has not happened yet.

• Like 1

i take photos with my phone 3-5MB each or my EOS 15-25MB each.

i save them to my PC in the designated folder i want to keep them forever

then create a copy of the photos i want to upload to a temp folder

i use "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" free and resize them all to 1024x768 and save them (a 3.3MB files is now 275kb) 

i then upload them to my google photos & forum post, i can load 10 or so to each post no issues.

they are large enough to see detail yet small enough not to cause an issue.

and i have the full size versions on my hard drive if i ever need them, like stated above great for zooming in to see detail and figure out things 🙂

I always save the photo to my PC, then open them using MS Office.  Using the "edit" function, I simply select "resize" and use one of the several choices available to set a pre-determined size.  I usually select "web-large" and it automatically adjust the photo.  I can then simply save the changes and it's ready to post.

Terry

"The chose file button says 9.7 megabytes limit which is a lot..."

"My photos are measured as 370Kb's whatever that is, ..."

It takes 1,000Kb to equal one megabyte. So 9.7 megabytes = 9,700Kb

So you should be able to post 26 photos of size 370Kb before you reach the 9.7 megabyte limit.  9.7 megabyte equals 9,700Kb

• Like 1