Buick Concepts

MrEarl

These swivel seats look great and would make it very easy to get in and out. Surely they can’t be that expensive to manufacture as an option. Certainly more elegant πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

On 6/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, MrEarl said:

Thought I’d seen all the pictures of the β€˜54 Wildcat….Β 

064E9C5F-31E7-433E-8D0C-EBF27BA66EBD.jpeg.ad1097fcba0da00eb8217281bf79c625.jpeg

Β 

Isn't that a 1960 Pontiac in the showroom behind the Wildcat?

Β 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 4:50 AM, RivNut said:

Someone’s imitation of the XP75?A8E58E63-D9AA-4DF5-902C-7C55A5BDA25B.jpeg.1ea76017531b2da3a182f447ef2dedff.jpeg

Grandma always said

"If you can't say something nice, ------",

Β 

but --- a Model-A F@rd cowl married (engaged? - shotgun married?) to a 1960 LeSabre back seat and hind quarter with a Chebby engine ???

I've had nicer nightmares when I ran a really bad fever !

• Haha 2

It looks like a GM HEI distributor too. Could actually be Buick powered in which case it could compete in the BCA Modified Division class.Β  I've never studied those competition rules but I believe it goes by the number of changes that have been made and then by the quality of the work to accomplish those changes, but has to have a Buick engine.Β 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 6/13/2022 at 9:02 PM, rodneybeauchamp said:

These swivel seats look great and would make it very easy to get in and out. Surely they can’t be that expensive to manufacture as an option. Certainly more elegant πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

A few cars had those back in the 60s and 70s. I'm guessing with air bags a swivel seat wouldn't be secure enough.

This is not a concept but an attempt to have a removable hardtop as an option for the 1990 -91 Buick Reatta convertible.Β 

ASC designed the Reatta convertible top and made the top.Β  Β It was then sent to Lansing to be installed.Β 

ASC had access to early convertibles and made this hardtop in an attempt to get Buick to make it an option.Β 

Somehow Buick declined and ASC did not go forward with it as an aftermarket item.Β Β 

john durand input.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 11:59 PM, Elpad said:

IMG_5838.jpeg

I cannot imagine how this could have possibly looked any better on the sketch pad?Β  Thankful it never got beyond this stage!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...