Look at what followed me home today

Vintageben

Yeah we were thinking that cosmetically doing very little with this car all the wood work is solid as a rock including the wheels. I don’t think it was army issue in places you can see original colour showing through, so we are contemplating should we rub it back to this and if so what’s the best method? Anyway looking forward to getting up and running and enjoying it.

Yeah the woods were standard in Australia and disc wheels a option Funny the differences there are. 

Oh how I know about going down hills fast all my Chevs have two wheel brakes!! 😁 Actually I tend to go down hills much slower (and cautiously) then going up them. The brakes are fine if you know what you’re doing. 

• Like 1

When I started driving trucks I was told to go down in the same gear as you would go up in.  That has never failed me 59 years.

6 minutes ago, Tinindian said:

When I started driving trucks I was told to go down in the same gear as you would go up in.  That has never failed me 59 years.

As Vintageben said, that's especially important with 2-wheel brakes!

Chevrolet varied from model to model and year to year. However, most years and models from 1924 through 1929 were available in either wood spoke or steel disc wheels. Wire wheels became available as a third option by 1929. Whether the wood or the steel wheels were the standard issue or the option seemed to change by years, models, points of origin, or destination. Personally, I like wood spoke wheels.

NICE Chevy!