Any one in Germany ..

nick8086

They are not speed limits. It has something to do with maximum load of bridges  etc.- different for wheeled vehicles, different for tracked ones. Two arrows mean traffic in two directions, one - in one direction.

Fence means railroad crossing with gates, while traffic sign with choo choo means crossing with no gates.

Edited by filozof97 (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, 28 Chrysler said:

Tank speed limits uphill and down hill. There has always been crazy drivers.

evils dad.jpg

OH man, that makes my back hurt just looking at it.

No long suspension here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vintageben said:

Where’s the sign marked Umleitung? I saw a lot of signs when I was there pointing to Umlietung but I never did find that village 🤔😂

I had to google, means detour.
Pretty sure Ben knew that. ;)

Yeah with everyone guessing the meaning of the signs I remembered a funny story my wife’s Grandfather Otto told us when we were in Germany. The setting is sometime shortly after the war and Otto was a young man in part of Germany that was occupied by America, he had only good things to say about them and funny enough when he spoke English it was with a heavy American accent. Anyways the locals had a bit of fun at the expense of one of the American Officers telling him that he needed to visit the village of Umlietung I think that some of his comrades were in on the joke. When he was at the end of his service in Germany he said that he never did find that village 😂

• Like 1

Reminds me of driving through France with a fellow who hadn't travelled much.  He couldn't understand why there were so many signs to towns called " Centreville".....he's the same guy who tried to converse with a German factory worker by speaking English LOUD and s.l.o.w.....