what is year, make, model?

broklan

You all helped me out to realize what my Mom's car was from a photo circa 1958 - and I really appreciate it! This is a much older photo, pre-1938 (we a hurricane took down most of the wrap around porch). Any insight as to what the car is in the attached picture? thanks! Bob5ac6838088033_pic18m3-ratio20x16.thumb.jpg.5cb9599c47a0461d729593db89b327a4.jpg

'39 Pontiac Eight?

The grill appears more Pontiac than Buick to me

Here is a photo of a '39 Pontiac Eight:

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1050291/1939-pontiac-deluxe-8-for-sale-in-atlanta-georgia-30306

Large Picture of '39 Deluxe 8 - MIER

18 minutes ago, nzcarnerd said:

I would go for Oldsmobile because the hood side trim is even longer than that on the Buick.

Think I'm gonna change my mind and go with the Oldsmobile, too.  Hood trim seems to match it better than anything else.  Sure thought the grille looked like a LaSalle or Caddy, though.....

1939-oldsmobile-70-series-sedan.jpg

thank you! I was told by a person leaving in the house that most of the most of the porch was torn away in hurricane of 1938 (September), and the first picture is wintertime. Was it possible to buy a 1939 early in 1938?

57 minutes ago, broklan said:

thank you! I was told by a person leaving in the house that most of the most of the porch was torn away in hurricane of 1938 (September), and the first picture is wintertime. Was it possible to buy a 1939 early in 1938?

No !