2016 Forum Happy Hour: NEW: Evidence added 8/1/16

JohnD1956

13 hours ago, 50jetback said:

Actually, that same jar should be in Mr EARLs shed somewhere - would have a nice crust on it by now. I know Mr Earl didn't try it - RITA wouldn't let him and I believe she was quiet rude about what it looked like. But then you may be out of luck as it may well have been used to grease front wheel bearings of a '54.

Enjoy your get together.

Actually Stuart that jar of Vegemite came in very useful. I was trying to load a junker '54 with locked up front wheels onto my trailer, put a thin layer of Vegemite in the wheel paths and couldn't keep the slack out of the winch cable once the wheels hit that stuff. I'll mix some brake fluid with it next time.

and yea gang, y'all do enjoy your get together, MrE won't be making it this year... again..........

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I was trying to load a junker '54 with locked up front wheels onto my trailer, put a thin layer of Vegemite in the wheel paths and couldn't keep the slack out of the winch cable once the wheels hit that stuff. I'll mix some brake fluid with it next time."

If there is any left after you coat the trailer skids and pack your front wheel bearings could probably try it for breaking in a new cam....sorry to hear you can't make it.

• Like 1

Thanks to Bill Stoneberg for the warning about road construction.

Because of the same, even though the manager of the restaurant thinks it may be all done by next week, it is recommended you take the Airport Road option for travel to the Hanoverville Road House Restaurant.  Hope this map opens, but if not, search your favorite map program maps for directions from 808 N. Fenwick to 5001 Hanoverville Road.

map to the Hanoverville Road House 

No one would ever expect a 55 Buick station wagon as the get away car!  The best part is no one would ever be able to describe it, and todays cops would be looking all day long for a Cadillac Escalade!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

No one would ever expect a 55 Buick station wagon as the get away car!  The best part is no one would ever be able to describe it, and todays cops would be looking all day long for a Cadillac Escalade!

Yea and dey be like lookin fer Richard Rollins and Tom Selleck, I think we would be under the radar pretty well 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

TTT...  Just a reminder.  Even if you did not indicate a desire to attend, the event is still open to anyone who cares to attend.  No reservation is required,  just an attitude of friendship.  The Flea Market swap is totally optional, although it is the main entertainment.

Come on down, and meet your Buick buddies!!!  We'll keep the light on for ya!

Safe travels!

• Like 1

Thanks to all who came out for this unofficial event.  It was a great time!  The Yuenglings was excellent!  And I enjoyed perhaps too many of them. 

There were about 34 people in attendance.  Thanks to Mike for posting that picture. But it did not include the families and friends who also participated.

As usual, the alcohol based gifts were readily exchanged, but there were some other nice gifts too.  Joyce Schramm wound up with "The Can of Spam"  which, by the way expired in 2015, so I recommended she treat that with utmost care.  Don't want that one breaking open due to rough handling.  And, although no one made a Buickman nomination  last year, Larry Schramm did offer one to Dandy Dave, for " Coughing up a rod" which allowed him to get the 15 truck back together in time for the Meet!  So we awarded Dave Brennan the Award with a round of hoots, hollars and applause!  Congrats DD.

I'll try to post some pictures taken by Parker Tom, whom I had the pleasure to sit with.

DSC03081.JPG

DSC03078.JPG

DSC03082.JPG

DSC03089.JPG

DSC03086.JPG

DSC03083.JPG

DSC03090.JPG

DSC03093.JPG

DSC03108.JPG

Well looks like everybody just had a freakin good ol time whist MrE was out cuttin 3 acres of grass with a 30" Honda rider in the hot and humid Georgia sun. But I know y'all was thinking of me cause Mikey texted me a picture of everybody saluting me. Thank guys, and back at ya!  :wub:

BTW who ended up with the Spam tool box and the little " midget trucker bomb" I sent by Father B.

Leavin this pinned for another week or so, so if anybody else has pictures you'd  like to share, le's see 'em. :)

On 8/1/2016 at 10:15 PM, Thriller said:

And Lamar knows he's due to get an empty box of Hamms cans when FrBuick gets back to the Athens region? :D:rolleyes:;)

it it was a fun time. I'll let all y'all know if the coasters survive the ride home. 

Hamm's, ain't seen no Hamm's cans?!!.:unsure: But he did bring a 12 pak of Yuenling, cold at that.... Hmmmm, wonder what happened to the Hamms. But I ain't complainin!!! 

• Like 4

Sorry I missed another good time, but just too many things to do in a short stretch of time.  But since Bea and I where there since Sunday, we got to do some other unique things, like a real PA German dinner and scrapple.  Tried to get up there, but did not make it.  Better luck next year.

John