What have I bought?

Guest Ronnie 67

Guest Ronnie 67

What exactly is this car that I have bought and about how much is it worth? 

It was sold to me as a 1940 Zephyr 5 window coupe. It has an identification number beginning with H. The car has a crate 350/300 attached to a 4 spd auto, an updated interior. The car runs well, even after sitting for over 3 yrs not cranked and driven.  It has a complete dash that has Lincoln just under the locking glove box. It also has factory power windows, so said the seller, and an early version anti theft ignition system.

The body is in great shape. Folks have told me the grill area is not original for a Z.  

It does need a new front suspension, which I will purchase from Merv A. plus new tires and a new exhaust system.

See the picture below and give me your opinion.

Ron

Zephyr composite.psd

Ronnie,

I have moved your question to its own discussion. I can't open your photoshop file. You may want to edit your post to include a jpg image instead of a photoshop file. From your description, it sounds like what you have is a street rod. The AACA Discussion Forum is not the best place to get feedback on a street rod. AACA is focused on the Preservation and Restoration of cars as they were originally equipped.

If the greenhouse is indeed a Lincoln, then I think what is throwing everybody is the fact that at least to my eye the car appears to have been sectioned. This was a very tricky alteration that completely changed the cars height and appearance and took a talented bodyman to pull it off correctly.

The blurry photos and odd angles make it hard to tell. Any chance to get clearer side and front pictures?

Howard Dennis