Think your day was bad?

Dave Mellor NJ

The Vin numbers did not match... Why do this to a good car???

I feel for the guy on ebay that owns it..

Here is the link:

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/watch-the-feds-crush-a-classic-mini-for-breaking-the-law-160959576.html

I saw the article today. Price's salvage yard is in Plumstead Twp., NJ Which I believe is in New Egypt, across from the speedway. It does seem like the guy should have been able to part it out. Maybe he has recourse to get his dough back from the seller.

Wow, a combined omnibus, comprehensive task force of both American and British bureaucrats! The terrorists and other bad guys won't know what hit them. This sort of thing makes me proud to be a U.S. of A. Taxpayer. I wonder who wound up losing the value of the car, the seller or the buyer? I have a sneaking suspicion that the buyer in the U.S. took the financial hit.

"Foreign sellers were defrauding American consumers who thought they were purchasing a vintage car, when in fact they were purchasing a potentially unsafe car." said Nancy Lewis, associate administrator at the U.S. Department of Transportation.

" ... purchasing a potentially unsafe car." Holy Guacamole! Stop the presses! I guess that we'll all have to turn ourselves in since every car ever made is/was "potentially unsafe" from the moment it was driven off of the assembly line. I think I'll just have to bury my cars in the back yard and take public transportation from now on. I'm sure glad that Nancy and her minions are looking out for my safety and welfare, since they think I'm obviously incapable of doing so.

End of mindless rant,

Grog

Wow, a combined omnibus, comprehensive task force of both American and British bureaucrats! The terrorists and other bad guys won't know what hit them. This sort of thing makes me proud to be a U.S. of A. Taxpayer. I wonder who wound up losing the value of the car, the seller or the buyer? I have a sneaking suspicion that the buyer in the U.S. took the financial hit.

"Foreign sellers were defrauding American consumers who thought they were purchasing a vintage car, when in fact they were purchasing a potentially unsafe car." said Nancy Lewis, associate administrator at the U.S. Department of Transportation.

" ... purchasing a potentially unsafe car." Holy Guacamole! Stop the presses! I guess that we'll all have to turn ourselves in since every car ever made is/was "potentially unsafe" from the moment it was driven off of the assembly line. I think I'll just have to bury my cars in the back yard and take public transportation from now on. I'm sure glad that Nancy and her minions are looking out for my safety and welfare, since they think I'm obviously incapable of doing so.

End of mindless rant,

Grog

Sounds like they spent $100,000 atleast of taxpayer's dollars to make sure that $10,000 car didn't see our roads. Boy I feel safe now.

Public Transportation in potentially unsafe machines maintained by underfunded Government agencies that are constantly pushing off needed service. At least I usually know what is need to be fixed on my cars

End of mindless rant,

Grog

Public Transportation provided by potentially unsafe machines operated by perennially underfunded Government agencies that are well know for pushing off needed repairs until the end of time. At least I usually know what my cars need to have done and don't have to wonder what has been neglected in the name of savings.

Public Transportation provided by potentially unsafe machines operated by perennially underfunded Government agencies that are well know for pushing off needed repairs until the end of time. At least I usually know what my cars need to have done and don't have to wonder what has been neglected in the name of savings.

Pay careful attention to the driver.

IbEj1fB.gif