1954 Century 2 DR HT (66R) 3-speed, ‘54 Muscle

MrEarl

Guest wildcat465

Pretty fabulous ride sir. Donna says "real pretty!" but she just might mean your beautiful homestead.

my only plan for it right now is to drive the wheels off her.

Does that mean an appearance in South Bend??? Or has new mystery started? :rolleyes:

Man 'o man, what a ride. After first seeing pictures of her, how could you even sleep at night? I know now why you didn't post pictures earlier. You were concerned that some envious '54 Century pirate would sabotage you enroute back to Buick Gardens. A picture of three pedals was just a teaser; the real treat is seeing the fabulous colors and the KH wires. Bee-U-T-full.

Ed

Pretty fabulous ride sir. Donna says "real pretty!" but she just might mean your beautiful homestead.

Don't suppose it ever occurred to you she just might be referring to the guy in this picture

photo51_zps82067b6f.jpg

Does that mean an appearance in South Bend??? Or has new mystery started? :rolleyes:

Guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we.....

Thanks sincerely for all the nice comments EVERYBODY. I am indeed enjoying her. But bad as I hate so say, I am having to store her for a short time in a storage unit and that is killing me. If the rain ever stops I will begin clearing and grading for the new Burage in which to store her along with others.

• 3 weeks later...

nothing really new to add, MG just doesn't like it at the bottom of the page...........

plus I've got to get this contraption off the rear springs.

photo26_zpsd832503a.jpg

It's what gives her the forward rake that I like but makes it drive like the rear end is up on stilts.

DSCN1400_zps1df23ff7.jpg

What ya going to do about those VERTICAL chrome pieces on the door edges?

Love the car, yep the back is an inch or so high, you will figure it out.

Brings back memories, I want it........scallops for me.....

Dale in Indy

Well Dale, as bad as I hate to, I guess I will leave them on as removing them would likely mar the paint and also they are listed on the original dealer invoice,,, Door Guards - $3.95 I figured you would have somethin to say about them and I agree, they definitely interrupt the flow of the sweep spear as well as the otherwise smooth lines of the slab sided body.

Good like it is, I just commented because avgwarhawk recommended new springs to raise it MORE.....

It will settle, with some good looking gals in the back seat, hehehe.

Dale in Indy

I think what Chris is saying is that installing new springs in the rear and leaving the old ones in front would give it the amount of rake I am looking for. If I determine I need new springs up front though, I am considering estate wagon springs for the rear and standard springs for the front.

and as you say when loaded down with all them good looking gals in the back seat, or moonshine in the trunk.... it will ride level.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rob McDonald

54MUSCLE really is a beauty, even with the hang-dog eyes (we've previously agreed to disagree on that). Great colour, which complements the interior perfectly.

So, you sick of shifting for yourself yet? I've still loving the 3-on-the-tree in my Valiant, although together with manual wind-the-clock steering, getting out of a tight parallel parking spot is a challenge.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
My Buick, My Love and I are off for a VERY special weekend. Tell ya all about it when we return.:o

Well, finally I have pictures to share of this event. The event being the marriage of my son Jordan (Phillip) and his lovely fiancee Anna. It was held at the beautiful First Presbyterian Church in Augusta Georgia established in 1804. The couple had some pretty rough times during the month just before the wedding including their condo burning down http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/Condo-fire-leaves-engaged-couple-picking-up-pieces-before-wedding-241761301.html and Augusta experiencing an earthquake and ice storm just a week before the wedding.

But the day of the wedding you would never know what they had been going through.

Jordan had asked me 2-3 months prior if he could use 54Muscle/Morning Glory as the get-a-way car from the church and of course I was glad to oblige. With what all was going on the month before the big day and being the procrastinator that I am, I had put off changing out the torque ball seal and replacing the springs on the Century until the week before the wedding. But no way was I gonna let there be a wet spot left on the pavement after they took off from the church. Luckily the work went without problem or delay and 54Muscle/Morning Glory performed well.

Here are some photobucket links if anyone would like to see more

The Get-a-Way Car - http://s3.photobucket.com/user/54roadmasters/slideshow/Jordan%20and%20Annas%20Wedding/The%20Get-A-Way%20Car

The Wedding Pictures - http://s3.photobucket.com/user/54roadmasters/slideshow/Jordan%20and%20Annas%20Wedding/The%20Wedding%20and%20Reception/Wedding%20Pictures

More Wedding Pictures - http://s3.photobucket.com/user/54roadmasters/slideshow/Jordan%20and%20Annas%20Wedding/The%20Wedding%20and%20Reception/For%20AACA

P1000169_zpsc944bbcf.jpg

P1000172_zpsffb4d282.jpg

P1000165_zps78741bb4.jpg

P1000185_zps79b04592.jpg

JordanandAnnaBrownWedding-Wedding-0174_zps7034d9ec.jpg

JordanandAnnaBrownWedding-Wedding-0173_zpsd9e07dc6.jpg

JordanandAnnaBrownWedding-Wedding-0177_zps1c907ce0.jpg

JordanandAnnaBrownWedding-Wedding-0185_zps0890bceb.jpg

JordanandAnnaBrownWedding-Wedding-0183_zps04f8d732.jpg

BrownGlissonWeddingWeekend-February21-222014140_zps908694d7.jpg

JordanandAnnaBrownWedding-Wedding-0328_zpsb2ac1323.jpg

JordanandAnnaBrownWedding-Wedding-0329_zpsf2f46d72.jpg

JordanandAnnaBrownWedding-Wedding-0330_zps0785f461.jpg

That evening after the wedding and the couple had changed into his car, I still in my bow tie, had to drive 54Muscle with Rita following me about 20 miles through traffic to the hotel. Ohhhhh the looks I got from everyone on the street, and they all seemed to be saying "Poor guy, his bride must have been a no show"

Chris, Matt, Willie, Ed, Dale, Dave. Thanks guys for your kind words and well wishes. I was honored that he asked me to be the best man and happy to have the Century be requested as the get-a-way car. It was a great day for both families and friends. And the Buick performed well. Jordan punched it pretty well as they left, that ol Nailhead sounding off and sparks flying from the tin cans and all.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)