Just curious, what's everyones age, and what year Riv(s) do you own?

Guest Rob J

I'm interested in figuring out the age demographic of us fellow Riv addicts. List your age, and what cars you own... Currently I'm 43, and have 2 1965 Riv's.

I'm also 43, and have a '64 with a non-original 425, although it did come from a '64.

Edit: Actually, I'm 44. Birthdays seem to keep happening.

-BEP

Edited by bepnewt (see edit history)

Here are a couple charts based on data posted so far for what its worth. Since some folks have more than one year Riv I took the first one they listed so this data does not show all years of cars listed but does indicate a trend. The average age of owner is 50.5. Not sure if this snapshot would be reflective of ROA members as a whole or not. Probably not as there is an obvious absence of the 79-85 and we know many members have those.

Note the data was sorted by age which is why it starts at 16 and ramps up.

image001-2.png

image001-1.png

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Guest Steeleco

Jason,

If I had kids I would ask you to come to their school and do a power point presentation. Nice work!

Here are a couple charts based on data posted so far for what its worth. Since some folks have more than one year Riv I took the first one they listed so this data does not show all years of cars listed but does indicate a trend. The average age of owner is 50.5. Not sure if this snapshot would be reflective of ROA members as a whole or not. Probably not as there is an obvious absence of the 79-85 and we know many members have those.

Note the data was sorted by age which is why it starts at 16 and ramps up.

image001-2.png

image001-1.png

You missed my 82... Dandy Dave!

Well I do have that reputation.... Do I really have to tell ya I'm 50 something. Ahhhh.... The Girls just got up and moved to the other side of the bar. Thanks! :P

• Like 1

Guest wildcat465

Don't know why I took so long to reply here.

44 years young until July 2013.

Current Riviera's:

1964 slowly donating parts to others.

1966 with many options, needing restoration.

1966 Idaho car to donate body to above 66 project.

1984 T-Type beige with 10000 miles added in two years of ownership. Leather and suede interior done. Currently in body shop.

1985 T-Type brown alleged FBI supervisor car. I need to rewire butchered harness. Then fillers, interior and paint.

1985 T-Type white running driving rusty parts car.

1999 Silver Arrow #147.

Edited by wildcat465 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest relik65

33 yrs old. I own a 65 for three years. The previous owner had it in my shop a few times. I fell in love and made a deal he couldn't refuse.

Guest Rooble55

I'm 57 and have just gotten a '69 as a "gift" from my cousin. It was last registered in 1986 and needs a good cleaning, paint job, and upholstery. My wife loves it and wants it for her daily driver once it's done. As long as Momma's happy, life is good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Dialtone

I'm 36 I have a 64 Rivi That I just picked up 9 days ago, 02 Chevy Silverado HD <--- my daily driver MPG what? I sold my 69 Chevy c10 short bed to my Dad. =/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jhaedtler

I will be 62 in December and have a 1966 Riviera that needs a lot of work. Just picked it up and have never rebuilt a car before but have spent my life in Aviation and have rebuilt a number of aircraft. Not much different just a little slower!

Joh Haedtler

New Mexico, USA

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone

I am 62 and have;

1969 Riviera GS

1983 Riviera Convertible

1968 Wildcat

1963 Le Sabre 4 door Hardtop

1965 Oldsmobile Cutlass F85 Convertible, which I would like to find a new home for?

Interesting answers to the question. I teach Automotive Technology here in Sioux Falls and what I am finding is that most of the students who come to my classes and have prior automotive knowledge and experience, have learnt their skills and knowledge from working with their grandads and not their fathers. Does this research support that and if so what comes after grandad? Have a great day. The temperature here has warmed up to 8 degrees and it has stopped snowing! Perhaps spring will come early.

Thanks

John