Autumn Buicks

JohnD1956

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DEI's post in Autumn Buicks inspired me to haul out our 1939 Century for a photo shoot of beautiful colours and backgrounds if your neighbours are farmers.  Dry corn will let my friends feed their livestock this winter, good for them.  Windmills power their farms and provide modern, renewable energy for us.  Rural life is especially beautiful in the fall.  All the pictures are from Jeff and Jennifer Wilson's operation a few miles from our home.

Regards, Gary

DSC_5587 (2).JPG

DSC_5601 (2).JPG

DSC_5600 (2).JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Last week-end, the colors on the trees were

mainly bright yellow, and I took advantage of a

sunny fall day to drive the 1957 Century 4-door

hardtop.  Somehow, nature's glory in person is

usually more resplendent than my camera can capture,

but the bright scenery was a good setting to photograph

the Dawn Gray and Antique Ivory paint colors:

1957 Buick--Autumn 2019 (4).JPG

1957 Buick--Autumn 2019.JPG

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

On vacation for the week, my wife and I cruised out to our favorite breakfast place, Maureen's Kitchen in Smithtown, last week on the 21st, for some excellent food. Gave the Pace Car a last good run for the season. Put in some fresh gas and into hibernation it went. Always enjoy cruising in this ride it never fails to please, and the company is still the best.

IMG_20191121_103045847_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191121_103118840_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, dmfconsult said:

Beautiful shots John, but way too early! (Wishful thinking)

Yes Doug, it does seem a bit early, but it looks like that's the local situation this year.  I have no authority to slow it down.  Gotta grab em when I can.  😬

Here’s my contribution for today. Did some maintenance work on the wagon today so decided to go for a drive. Radiator is now leaking....  (no good deed goes unpunished)

the triple red Pontiac is my wife’s car now. It was her mother’s car from new and now in her name so this is the first time we’ve toured the cars together. It’s 1983!  

It doesn’t look like fall much but there’s

some fog by over the water mixed in with some haze from California smoke in the upper atmosphere. If you zoom in on the second pic you can make out downtown Vancouver in the background. 

2C749828-22F5-4E58-8CEF-7ECDD114E36B.jpeg

C7963917-6545-4EB5-B733-4CEACAA06546.jpeg

• Like 4

@dmfconsult  The '83 Pontiac is in nice shape!  I believe in the States' those would have been Chevy tail lights.  Would like to see a picture of the dashboard.

As for the 78 Wagon, one reason I let mine go was I went through 4 plastic tank radiators in 40K.  For some reason the seals in the tanks would just begin to let go after a short period.  It was very frustrating, although more so for the NAPA store as I only paid for one of them.  Not sure if you have one of those or not? 

Oh yes, it has plastic tanks. I haven’t exactly found the source of the leak but it’s pooling at the bottom of the shroud. 

Those Pontiac tail lights are very close to the Chevy ones of the same year. A bit disappointing given the cost of that car new in 1983 was over $16000.  It does have the Chev 305 which is actually a pretty peppy engine. Happy to get a pic of the dashboard for you...

DE8C0A02-41BB-4E70-B533-9F4627BC6F3E.jpeg

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...