National meet photos

Pete Phillips

Ann Arbor, Michigan

Probably just under 600 miles!

600 miles - Holy Cow! That is a very commendable feat. I can only imagine how much attention that get-up attracted going down the highways. Thats an American icon

Keep the pics-a-com'n Pete!

Thank You toooooooooo!

I have been a Buick lover since the early 40's. Still get excited seeing pictures of such.

I love my 41 Limited, and 46 Roadmaster. My father was with Buick for 60 + years, and I'm sure he is so happy I have two.

Send more if you can/have,

Dale in Indy

600 miles - Holy Cow! That is a very commendable feat. I can only imagine how much attention that get-up attracted going down the highways. Thats an American icon

Keep the pics-a-com'n Pete!

I suspect there were many "They don't build 'em like THAT any more!" comments too.

Thanks for the pictures Pete!

NTX5467

outdoor_flea_car_washx.jpg

Larger, click here to enlarge.

A bird's-eye view of the action Thursday at the Convention Center (at right, adjacent to the Embassy Suites host hotel), where the indoor vendors' market, meetings, seminars, registration, and the banquet were all held. From left of the Center were the car wash, outdoor vendors, safety check, official photo staging, car corral, and secured parking for attendees' cars.

Taken from my corner suite at the Residence Inn next door (I get points at Marriott's brands), and where I always stay during Charlotte AutoFair. Newsletter editors, feel free to use this image (credit Tom Gibson, Carolinas Chapter BCA #27353); enlarge and save the bigger image, rather than using the small-res one above.

Got some great buys from vendors, judged, showed in the Driver's Class, hooked up with old friends, and made some new ones. Everything one expects from a BCA National. Thanks to Brian D. and all whose hard work made it possible!

:cool:

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

Let us not all forget that Pete was elected Buick man of the year. At the breakfast forum for all the work he does for us above being the editor of our great bugle. Congratulations Pete.

Have a great Buick day

FRANK

Guest shadetree77

I just wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to all who are taking the time to upload pictures. I, for one, am really bummed out that I didn't get to attend. The pictures make it a little better. Thanks again everyone!!

It's funny I was running around so much I only took one photo the whole time, which I'll post in a sec, but in looking at these photos I keep going...hmm didn't see that car...Oh wish I had seen that car. So thanks to all who are posting photos.

Ok below is the one photo I took. It was the last two cars left on the showfield Saturday afternoon. It's my dad's '38 Roadmaster sedan, the one that we drove to I don't know how many national meets 10? 12? starting in 1983 when I was three, next to my 1938 Roadmaster convertible, the one my dad bought in 1984 and I have been working on for the past 7 years with significant help form my dad. Neither my dad or I were sure either car was going to make it despite being both less than 5 miles away, but I thought it was kinda special that for my 25th National Meet and my father's 20th National Meet we were parked side by side.

post-53096-1431390838_thumb.jpg

That green and white 4 dr. 55 Special was truly spectacular.

That really brought back memories for me. Thats the color combination on my father's the 55 Special. The one on which I learned to love the stick shift tranny whine. The 65 Electra 4 door in Maroon w/ white was almost a mirror image of the car I first drove too. Dad's had a black vinyl top as the only difference. What I really love about the Nationals is the informal parking lot gatherings, where you often find similar models and years sitting side by side in a truly relaxed atmosphere.

A few pics from Saturday. Before I post these, I would just like to explain that I missed nearly half the field of dreams. Thanks to an onerous administrative process in the judging, I had limited time to get around the show field and I completely missed the 53-4 Skylarks, GN's and Reattas while in the limited time I had I concentrated on the day of show entries.

post-31834-143139083819_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143139083827_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143139083835_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143139083843_thumb.jpg

post-31834-14313908385_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143139083858_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143139083865_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143139083873_thumb.jpg

post-31834-14313908388_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143139083888_thumb.jpg

post-31834-143139083896_thumb.jpg