1. 1. FAVORITE 2 IMAGES

• TRI SHIELD
    • V8
    • BOMBSIGHT
    • VERTICAL GRILLE
    • OTHER
    • SWEAPSPEAR
    • VENTIPORTS

When I tried to click on two different ones, the first choice was overridden by the second choice.

I chose "V8" as I remember when that emblem was so neat, back in the '50s when "V-8" really meant something. EVERY car make had their own neat interpretation of that letter and number combination.

To me, there are several different variations of EACH of these choices, depending upon which decade (or part thereof) is being considered.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out!

NTX5467

Guest my3buicks

I could only choose one also.

Maybe the list needs updated - I agree that portholes(ventiports) and sweep spears need on that list. How about the Wildcat head, the Hawk and the Buick Crest.

Maybe after a few other candidates are tossed about you could re-do the list on a new thread and get a real feel for what in the Favorite.

Great thread Idea!!

Rick, why not just let this survey run it's course then have another survey of another list of 5.(that will give you the two images you were lookin for) Take the top 4 from those two lists and have a grand finale to determine the winner. Have I been watching American Idol too much, YES!!!

and Rick if you do the above suggestion, I suggest you add sweep spear, portholes and the BUICK SALES AND SERVICE sign as candidates.

Any more suggestions?

I'm sorry this is your game, I didn't mean to butt in. I'm just good at making up the rules as you play. Learned it from my son.

Guest 53Nailhead

I've been told "I don't play well with others" for years.....:D

Gotta go with the Sweep Spear (even Merc guys like it) & Ventiports

LAMAR & my3buicks

A good idea.

I will set a new poll tonight. I think it's obvious the Tri-Shield is one of them.

Would like input on the other.

There is a method to my madness and I will explain that on the completion of the Poll on Monday.

BTW If Buick had trademarked the "SWEEP SPEAR" they could have had NIKE for lunch.

Edited by RICK YOUNG (see edit history)

Guest Trickstar
When you think of Buick what 2 images do you think of most?

* The Tri-shield of course.

* V8

* BOMSIGHT

* VERTICAL GRILL?

* VENTIPORTS

* Anything else?

The "Stage 1" badge

My first car was a '50 Buick Roadmaster 4 dr cdan> It had the most beautiful swan hood ornament on it.It had a gold body and silver wings and a long curving neck. Probably after market or off some other make of car. Man was it a beauty. But I'd have to say Tri-Shieldn because it instantly says Buick. Mark

Edited by Mark Simmons (see edit history)

Yes I love this image...

d185buick-service-posters.jpg

But I have to say what really makes me think Buick and what brings out the best in the look of mine is the sweepspear/porthole combo. I used them as the main part of sig picture.

Bahhhh, I'm lying.....my Favorite Buick image is this :D

It has it all, great grille, portholes, sweepspear, bomb sight, wire wheels with the Red|White|Blue center caps.

Sigh......

5498381200_c8a9461594_z.jpg

Sorry for getting carried away....:o

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

One more thing, the tri-shield has been around longer that any of the other parts mentioned. nice tat Mr. Earl,great pictures Mark Shaw. Mark

And what was the first year for the Tri Shield? Earlier than the teens? Dandy Dave!

Guest my3buicks

the Tri-shield first appeared on production cars in 1960

The Tri-shield has been in use at this point longer than any of the other icons were in use,, probably followed by the ventiports.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

My 2 cents:

SWEAPSPEAR / VENTIPORTS (portholes)

Lamar in Athens, Georgia..AWESOME!! Tattoo

Thanks:) I'm in the process of designing 4 portholes to go on the other side of my arm. How cool would that look cruisin with the windows down in a hard top fittyfo Roadmaster. Not as cool as if my wife were to have a matching set on the other side.:D I haven't gotten the nerve to approach her with that yet though.

Guest Kingoftheroad
Thanks:) I'm in the process of designing 4 portholes to go on the other side of my arm. How cool would that look cruisin with the windows down in a hard top fittyfo Roadmaster. Not as cool as if my wife were to have a matching set on the other side.:D I haven't gotten the nerve to approach her with that yet though.

LOL, I admire your Buick loyalty. The matching arm tattoos are a new one on me...

Dave is right Mark. The Trishield does not predate the Valve In Head square emblems.

Keep in mind the Tri-shield is just three Buick family crests and the use of the familiy crest I know was used in the late 30's, but not sure about earlier than '37. But to your point I don't think the use of the family crest predates the Valve in Head Squares either.