What's wrong with this picture?

Dave@Moon

Guest Paul Christ

Maybe he installed them immediately after painting, thinking that the "tacky" paint would increase his braking ability...

grin.gif

Guest Trunk Rack

you fellows should think a little harder about this. The planet IS over-populated. think of what he has done, as helping "thin the herd".....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trunk Rack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you fellows should think a little harder about this. The planet IS over-populated. think of what he has done, as helping "thin the herd".....</div></div>

Yep....that "gene pool" will be empty soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdome</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good coat of wax will help the paint last longer. </div></div>

Yeah, but Nufinish would make them "withstand a year's worth of car washes."

Reminds me of the trailer queens I've seen at car shows with CHROME PLATED rotors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Rohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it will be jut the 1st few stops that will be "different" once the pads eat off the paint or whatever, it should be just fine

just don't be in front of him during those 1st few situations </div></div>

I'd be willing to bet this individual was just bright enough to use a "high temperature" powder coat formula.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reatta Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reminds me of the trailer queens I've seen at car shows with CHROME PLATED rotors.

</div></div>

True, and the brake pads are often replaced with pucks of urethane plastic (or similar), so as not to mar the chrome on the rotors, of course. Just imagine the braking performance... But for all-out custom car show crazies whose cars are absolute 100% trailer queens, it's definitely within the realm...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldsDoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do I think this dude is a ricer... </div></div>

If you look close at the second photo you can see that this is a C4 Corvette.

When I bought the 3 8,000# disc brake axles for my trailer I contacted Dexter to see why they did a stupid thing like paint the rotors. They laughed at me and told me, in no uncertain terms, that I had my head up my behind. They paint them because they are often shipped on open trucks and the end user doesn't like to see rust.

I was told that their tests showed that the paint never lasts past the first normal stop. Sure enough, one normal stop, no paint.

I will admit that it does look goofy. He should at least have painted them silver.