Your Opinion is Needed:

Rawja

As part of the last major revision to the software for these forums, a separate Reatta Buy/Sell section was added and I think we've had enough time with this new configuration to make a judgment on its usefulness.

I think the Buy/Sell section should be merged back into a single catch-all Reatta Section.

1. It seems that the separate section gets less traffic.

2. I believe members often buy items (or even entire cars) that they hadn't set out to buy, but an opportunity presented itself.

3. It seems members sometimes sell items that they weren't originally intending to sell based upon a fellow members' need.

4. Given the above, I have for the most part stopped policing and relocating buy/sell threads in the main section, Ikesleeping's "Parting out 89 to members before e-bay" thread is a perfect example.

I've spoken with our webmaster Peter Gariepy, and he's willing to make the change if we want it, so sound-off on this thread and let your opinion be known:

Re-merge the two sections back into a single Reatta section (which would return to its previous location under the BCA header).

Leave 'em separate.

I would have made this a poll, but that functionality doesn't seem to be working at present.

Let's go back to one forum, I've responded to parts postings and never received a return answer, I think it's just too much for some to handle. Thanks.

Jim Too

Guest Justin224

I like the sound of one forum. If so, it'd be nice to have the "For Sale/Wanted" posts to be distinguishable from the rest of the topics. Ex. - maybe make the titles of those posts one color, and "general discussion/help" another color.

Guest MauiWowee

I like the idea of merging the buy/sell back to the main forum, keeping it intact as a separate topic, pinned to the top of the forum.

(I haven't had my quota of coffee yet, did that make sense to everyone?) cool.gif

The Reatta "buy-sell" does not seem to be that active and there are still people that put the sales on the regular Reatta forum.

I agree that they should be merged.....along with your rules to start the subject with "FS" which helps find them later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Eaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Reatta "buy-sell" does not seem to be that active and there are still people that put the sales on the regular Reatta forum.

I agree that they should be merged.....along with your rules to start the subject with "FS" which helps find them later. </div></div>

I agree

It would only seem normal to have everything dealing with this one model car be in one location… I have never viewed the other by/sell as I do not consider myself a buyer or a seller at this time… having said that, I do recognize the fact that if I came across something I ‘just couldn’t live without’ I would probably become a buyer… also if I had something someone was in need of, I’d become a seller. So as you have pointed out… one location makes good sense. KennyV.

Guest Reatta1

I agree on the majority has spoken and am in favor of keeping ALL Reatta posts together. But I'd still like to see Reatta as it's own heading and not at the bottom of BCA

Jim

Guest Reatta1

After thinking about it a bit, it makes sense to have Reatta on the BCA page. It is, after all, a Buick. But how about moving it up closer to the top?

Jim

Firstly there should be a separate forum to discuss Reatta Forum Changes. It should not be discussed here in the Reatta enthusiast's Forum, it makes for too much clutter and confusion.

Secondly a convertible Reatta is a cat of a different color. There should be a "prestige" forum for convertible Reattas.

Thirdly the 88 Reattas should have their own forum here. Actually there should be two '88 Reatta forums. One for the early '88s with suede and small hood ornaments and yet another for late year '88s with leather and large hood ornaments.

And by now you will recognize the need for two convertible Reatta forms. One for the more common '90 convertibles and another for the much rarer and desirable '91 Reatta convertibles.

With these new classifications the Reatta forum will be of much more help to the niche, specialty Reatta owners as well as us common Reatta owners. And then there should be a "Buy and Sell" Reatta forum for each of these new forum categories.

That would make another 10 Reatta forums to completely cover the Reatta, that would keep all happy!

Just my 2cts.

EDBSO,

But first we'd need a committee to decide that we have a need to sub-catagorize the main topics.

To discourage litigation, we'll need gender specific forums along with those addressing ethnic, religious, sexual preference, political, educational, and other cultural agendas.

I think we're onto something...............

Jim Too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EDBSO,

To discourage litigation, we'll need gender specific forums along with those addressing ethnic, religious, sexual preference, political, educational, and other cultural agendas.

I think we're onto something...............

Jim Too

</div></div>

My huge error, you are 1,000% correct.

How shallow of me, I should have known much better.

Lets get started now and please don't forget the "alien" category. NO!!! NO!!!!!! not Mexicans but UFO Aliens ;-) We'll blend both Alien hemispheres together for convenience, OK?

Guest alex_houston

I am almost afraid to give my opinion after the response I got back for voting againt two forums originally.

One forum please.

One place to find anything Reatta may seem better, but when you try to find what you need, the sreach function makes it frustrating.

I prefer the for sale forum being separate from the general Reatta discussion, because it's easier to find cars and parts when they're segregated into thier own forum.

At other sites, (Jay Leno's Garage, for example), the for sale posts are in the general discussion forum, and this causes problems with some of the members, who don't want to weed past all the for sale posts to talk about cars, or find a discussion post for reply. This may not be a problem, here at AACA. But the search function is cumbersome to work with. Not so much because of the function itself, but the posts' subjects/body is'nt, (and cannot be), standardized, i.e. FS=for sale=For Sale=sale.

I feel the best bet would be to break the for sale forum into 2 pieces, 1 for cars, and the other for parts, then place it under/within the Reatta forum, or as it's own forum, as before. Members could get better results from search, or easily page thru a more concise list to find what they need. This would also help for the other forums, here at AACA, but would be a real benefiet to Reatta forum, considering it is the biggest, busiest, and has the greatest number of posts here, at AACA.

I know my post is a little late, since the switch has already been made, but I have'nt seen any for sale posts in the general forum, so far.