All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Glad to know I was going in the same direction as you!
  3. Will do, as soon as the glue arrives.....and the oven I need 5/32" x 1 7/8" x 43" woven brass, and binding glue
  4. I use the pins and apply a thin coat of high temp RTV to the gasket.
  5. A couple of years ago we replaced the sending unit on our ‘65 Wildcat. I bench tested the ohm reading on the float arm before installation. It is a 90 ohm unit. At one extreme it read 90 ohms, the other extreme 0 ohm and 45 ohms at mid range. Just what I wanted to see! When I installed the unit and carefully measured the fuel I added to the tank, I found it consistently read about 1/8 lower than it should based on the amount of fuel I added to the tank (it has a 25 gallon tank). So 12.5 gallons (actually 1/2 full) read about 3/8 full. If the gauge read 3/4 full it actually had 7/8 of a tank - about 22 gallons. My factory service manual indicated that the gauge/sender was intentionally engineered to show less fuel than is actually in the tank - sort of a “fudge” factor to help procrastinating drivers from running out of gas? In my case the 1/8 of a tank variance is about 3 gallons. Since I know the discrepancy I’m fine living with it and decided not to attempt recalibrating it.
  6. https://bestoffercounts.com/product/401-425-buick-nailhead-engine-motor-mount-pair-1961-1962-1963-1964-1965-1966/ James at Bestoffercounts has them. Tell James “Ed referred me.”
  7. I like what you have done. You sent me the parts list a while back when I was considering the same thing. I revisited everything as I was about to finally purchase a Tourx this week but then a ‘20 GS popped up with the color and options that I have been looking for and I changed course. Thanks for sharing all of this with us. Most comprehensive look at what’s needed that I have seen.
  8. I had the privilege to obtain a 32 Buick chrome beauty ring, surprisingly in good shape, no rot, just surface rust. I am curious if anyone has pics of beauty rings on their prewar Buick wheels using 18" rims. Auburn, Chrysler, Graham, Stude, Willys, Dodge, Reo used similar 18" tires/wheels, but trim ring bling is tbd.
  9. 2seater and anyone else that’s interested. I’m wondering if my switch has an internal leak of some sort. I was looking at the schematic that you posted and it doesn’t show the holes in the body that are after the O ring. Other than some O ring issues, the brake fluid might be coming out of the holes in the body and then could leak through the threads. Just trying to figure this thing out. karl
  10. https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/spokane-1978-oldsmobile-toronado-xs/7743879703.html In 1978 Oldsmobile offered the front wheel drive Toronado with the optional and limited "XS" package - just over 2,400 units were produced. The package consisted of wrap around rear glass and moonroof. It is unknown how many have survived, most certainly very few. This '78 Toronado XS was literally pulled from a barn containing a collection of well over 50 cars just last year. The car had been stored for 37 years with all the others. Great news is the barn has a gravel floor (no moister from cement), all hoods were left open (rodents hate light) and all cars had either dryer sheets or bar soap in dishes placed in them. No Rodent damage or nesting. In addition there were a couple of rather well fed felines running about. The car is finished in its original black paint with Red Velour interior. Graphics are also original and actually done in paint, not tape! Color codes for the stripes are located in the cars glovebox. The I'll be candid here, the cars exterior photographs a bit better than it is. The interior however, shows very little wear and displays accurately. After being flat bedded to Spokane, the cars fuel was drained, spark plugs removed and Marvel Mystery Oil put into the cylinders to soak and the detail work started. New tires were mounted and have about 100 miles on them. odometer: 49800 The car has never had ethanol fuel in it. Fresh non E fuel was added to the tank, the car cranked for oil pressure, coil wire reinstalled and she started nearly instantly. The car starts, runs, shifts and drives great. Brakes are excellent (master cyl just replaced) There are some things to do: AC is non op, radio, though original, eats cassettes. There is just a bit of rust in the rear 1/4's but treated and not terrible. The cars interior is beautiful and again, shows very little wear. This is a very rare car from an interesting era of "land yachts".... a market that is picking up steam as there are very few of these old boats still around to enjoy. Reasonable offers considered, (509) 703-4255
  11. Not mine, Interesting project. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1801536616997816/ 1917 White Motors Truck. $5000 or best offer. Has been stored in garage for many decades and it been in the family for 4 generations.
  12. It’s likely too far gone. Maybe a $1,000 car. But I found the 1951 license plate to be way cool. Wow, this may have been parked in 1952 or so and left. 63 years or so in slumber. Keep in mind that Montana only had 125,000 people in the whole state in 1952.
  13. My 64, 401 with 1966 valve covers fitted about 4 months ago, with non gs bracket.
  14. I've had this tool for years and no one has come up with a diffinite answer as to what it is or how it was used. Wood handle about 11 inches long and with an L inside a diamond for a manufacturers logo.
  15. The only one of these I've ever seen is in old Boyce Literature. The 2 side jewels are cut/bevel. The center clear jewel is ground as a lens to shoot a beam of light at the Motometer for night illumination. Great piece of 20's-30's Cars. Came from Estate of 96 year old collector. All bulbs light up. Should clean up nicely. $475.00 or near offer shipped in the lower 48 states. Thanks for looking. PM with any questions
  16. Morgan……we expect a detailed thread with photos……….😎
  17. I found a good write-up in the 1919 Dyke's Encyclopedia. I should be able to do the job this way.
  18. The only one of these I've ever seen is in old Boyce Literature. The 2 side jewels are cut/bevel. The center clear jewel is ground as a lens to shoot a beam of light at the Motometer for night illumination. Great piece of 20's-30's Cars. Came from Estate of 96 year old collector. All bulbs light up. Should clean up nicely. $475.00 or near offer shipped in the lower 48 states. Thanks for looking. PM with any questions
  19. Today
  20. Cheapest way to buy a former Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance prize winner? (I mean, from 1955, but still.)
  21. Dave, Thanks for the response. Anything else I need to be concerned with on the engine side whenever I take the pan off? Some of the sites that I looked at mentioned the troughs. The pan had new gaskets put on about 8 years ago but don't know if they were actually put on correctly. I just got the car back from with the outside being restored. They ran the engine but at length. I saw oil dripping from the back of the pan on the transmission side and think that the cork may have moved. Thanks for all of your help and input.
  1. Load more activity