Please introduce yourself...

Guest Stuedbaker

Hello:

My name is Dan. I've got a 57 2 door hardtop [Century]

I'me trying to find any information about a concept car from 1955.

The 1955 Buick Wildcat III.

There are only three pictures of it on the net, or so I've found.

Side view [red], rear 3/4 view, front 3/4 view. All posed.

No history, no information.

It was introduced at the Chicago Auto Show.

Did it get shown anywhere else, how long was it around before being destroyed, how, when, where.

Can anyone direct me to pictures, information, anything.

Thanks

Dan

Guest Old Nailhead

Hi,

my name is Nicole and I am from Lexington Virginia. I am new to the world of classic cars but have always wanted a 1955-1957 Buick. Now I finally decided to go ahead and get me one to restore. This is going to be my very first project. The victim is a 1956 Buick Super 2-Door Hardtop 322 V8 4-Barrel (Nailhead). The engine runs smooth but it needs a fuel pump (found) and the Dynaflow transmission rebuild. The Dynaflow is not just a bit leaking but gushing somewhat like the Niagra Falls. Hoping to get by with replacing the torque ball seal but that is probably wishfull thinking and it will need to be rebuilt by a professional. It also needs some body work on the rocker panels and the front and rear lower quarter panels ( holes ). The good news is all the glass is looking good and most of the trim and chrome is there and in good shape with some pitting. The interior needs only some cosmetic work such as new seatcovers and carpet and a nicer steering wheel.

So not such a bad project to start out with I think :). I will have help from my husband who's got a 1956 Plymouth Belvedere 4-Door Sedan himself.

I'm looking forward to meet everybody on here and will probably quite often pick your brains for information.

Nicole

Hey yall,

Been here a while, but never formally "introduced" myself.. so I thought I'd do so on this thread. :D

I'm Marck, age 15 3/4. I've essentially dove straight into Reattas head-first.

I don't even have my license yet, and I've already owned lets see.. 6? Reattas, with many more on the way. I'm still starting out, but I'm beginning to build a business of buying, "restoring" (as much as you really can with a 22 Y/O car), and reselling Reattas. Anything from drivers to high-end, low milage cars. Got a couple in the works as we speak. I also can provide parts for most years, and if I don't have the part, I can normally either find it somewhere, or direct you elsewhere. I'll also restore your Reatta that you already own if you so desire.

Guest Stuedbaker

Sergeant Major:

Thanks for the reply. I've seen those sites along with a few others. All with the same images and wording. Surely the car was shown at other shows / events and someone took pictures.

I'd like to see views of the interior.... anything. And more info on it's existence. [how long it was around, what shows it was in] And demise.

Guest MARTINOS1

hi i am new to the forum but find it to be a museum of intelligent people and beautiful cars. my 57 roadmaster is really my second buick as i have been into 71-73 dodges. i restore and sell only, but when i found my 57 i fell in love with the bumpers..its a tank but a beautiful firing machine with the nail heads aiming at the world. parts get expensive in the chrome department, but other than that i find them pretty reasonable in price to restore. i am regretful to announce i am selling this buick. it is tore apart and primered, i am really over half way done but i would like to finish a 64 oldsmobile starfire i have, as it is a little more rare than the buick. but don't get upset guys, my next buy will be a 50's buick in a heartbeat. after all i know how to tear em down now...lol..i will still stay with you geniuses, because the threads are awesome. alot of knowledge in one base...thanks all and please add me as a friend...:)

Guest andy2755x

G Day all,

My names Andrew from Melbourne Australia (Way down under)

I have a 1927 Master Buick sports tourer (55X) nearing completion of restoration finally.

This was the first car I bought and it still isn't finished after 30 odd years

Probably would be driving it if I hadn't restored a 1927 30E Olds Coach chased parts for both cars all over Australia, helped my father with his car projects, got married, built a house, had kids, run kids to sports all weekend etc

oh well now its my time.

Got to go eldest daughter wants dad to go with her to look at maybe buy a car (she recently got her drivers licence)

Regards

Andy

Hi all, name is Mike and I live in Sweden. I have a 1956 Super Riviera, imported to Sweden in 1997 from NJ in a very nice unrestored condition. Sinse then it's got new paint and upholstery and a few other cosmetic upgrades like new paint in the engine compartment and new cloth in the trunk. Car was originally owned by a Commander in the US Navy, Mr Preston Shamer, and he took it along in various places where he served, so the car has been in 5 countries and always been taken care of. Sadly he died last summer in age of 92 when I was trying to get in touch with him to know more about the car. Maybe someone of you guys know how to find information via the license plate the car had when it was exported?

Greetings from a cold and snowy Sweden, but soon it's spring so I can take the Buick for a ride!:)

012.JPG

080510+003.jpg008.JPG

Guest 46Super

My wife and I just recently became the proud owners of a 1946 Buick Super Convertible. It belonged to my father in law before his passing in November. It is in wonderful condition, thanks to his his hard work, passion, and love in restoring this vehicle! No chance of a Sunday drive if there is a cloud lurking nearby! (we live in the northwest, so it will stay in the garage alot!) Also am curious as to how many of these might be left. If anyone has an idea, let me know. I would be willing to start a data base if there is not one already.

Guest john300

Hey, Just wanted to introduce myself. Im John and I recently purchased a 62 Buick

leSabre 4 dr. Its in awsome condition with 47000 miles.I have a few question and concerns. Im sure someone here can help.

Hey, Just wanted to introduce myself. Im John and I recently purchased a 62 Buick

leSabre 4 dr. Its in awsome condition with 47000 miles.I have a few question and concerns. Im sure someone here can help.

Welcome John! Feel free to ask any questions you have. There are plenty of people here who know a whole lot about Buicks. I may be able to answer some questions too, since I have owned my 62 Electra for nearly 16 years now.

Guest UofASouthpaw

Hey there, I'm James, from Tucson, AZ. My girlfriend (Emily says hi too!) just bought me a '56 Roadmaster for my 30th birthday. Yeah, she's pretty awesome. It's going to be our project to work on together. It's a model 72 (4-door sedan), in need of a complete rebuild. We're really looking forward to this!

I've always been a Buick fan. Any '53-'57 model and '63-'65 Rivies are particularly at the top of my all-time favorites! And my first car was a 2-door '71 Electra 225. Although I lost that car years ago (stolen, stripped and left in the desert), I salvaged the 455/TH400 and stuck them in a '70 F-100 short bed that was once my dad's work truck.

Anyway, we'll probably be getting to know you all as we get this new project underway. See you around!

U of A Southpaw, welcome, and that's a cool car. The production numbers from the Buick Club Roster indicate there were 11,800 of those produced. This is actually a moderately low production number. Given the passage of time, and assuming a general lack of interest as a classic over the last 30 years, you may find it's a pretty rare car today. I had one back in 74 and was my 2nd Buick. Hope you post some pictures in the Me and My Buick section of this forum.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest classic68

Hello, I,m classic68 I have been a certified car nut for about 45 years, and I have a fond love for BUICKS, i got some pitures on this site somewhere. THANKS Kenny

Guest classic68

Hi Rick and Everybody, Since I,m feeling my way around the site I posted on the tech forum to introduce myself. I,ve been around cars since I was fourteen years old. I built a few and raced a few, "but you know what" I learned some things from this forum about Buicks. Your never to old to learn and ask questions. THANKS Kenny alias buick68

Rick Young,

Thanks, no, I'm afraid I don't know of any Junge's.

As for the car, the daughter of the previous owner Mr Preston Shamer, "googled" his name a couple of weeks ago, and this side came up and she made contact with me, and I have found out a lot about the car,s history by her.

What would we do without the Internet!:)

Finally spring is starting to show up, just waiting for that first ride!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redcrow

Hello. I have a 1960 Buick Invicta 4 door hardtop. My great grandfather purchased the car new and was recently passed on to me. It has had a repaint but otherwise it's original with 67,000+ miles on it. It's a fun driver and gets a lot of looks, maybe because of the rarity---I hardly ever see any on the road or at car shows. Anyway, it's nice to be here.

Guest Willy M

Names Will. New member, new to antique cars. Recently acquired a car that has been in my family since new, a '28 Buick Country Club coupe I believe.

Guest salyersb

Hi, my name is Randy Salyers and I love old Buicks!!! I have finally been able to get my first old car. It is a 1950 Buick Special 4-door Jetback. All original, so far!! I need the hood fasteners. I've been told there are 3 0r 4 types for that year. I need the earliet type ( I think). I am new to the computer ,but have tried looking for 2 months now. Everyone has suggested I join the BCA to meet people who might can help me locate these fasteners. The car runs great, but I am worried about driving it until I get the fasteners. I still have the old ones, but they are worn out. Any help would be very appreciated. My phone number is 409=681-9007. My e-mail is salyers.b@att.net

Guest daveh70

Hello. I'm new owner of a 58 Special Riviera model 46R. Has great looking true knockoff wire wheels and added AC. Always loved the look of the '56. Considering making the change to a front disc brake setup from a kit at Kanter. Would also like to put in a Pertronix EI system if available. Any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks.