MrEarl

My BUICK SALES and SERVICE GARAGE

and Texas Hill Country goat fries tops them all. Attended a big Boer goat farmers shindig somewhere around Fredericksburg back probably 20 years ago with my son Jordan who was maybe 8-9 and there was a big basket of them. He loves fried oysters so I told him here son try these oysters. He just commtented that they were tough. I told him probably because they came from a goat. The look he gave... priceless...

• Haha 2

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:46 PM, MrEarl said:

and Texas Hill Country goat fries tops them all. Attended a big Boer goat farmers shindig somewhere around Fredericksburg back probably 20 years ago with my son Jordan who was maybe 8-9 and there was a big basket of them. He loves fried oysters so I told him here son try these oysters. He just commtented that they were tough. I told him probably because they came from a goat. The look he gave... priceless...

All this bravado and you still didn't try Vegemite!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 50jetback said:

All this bravado and you still didn't try Vegemite!

Is there such a thing as 'roo fries?

• Haha 1

Cheated and had 8 tons of Carolina Pea river pebble delivered. $60 delivery, can’t beat that. I don’t even want to mention the ton price of the stone though. 😣 It’s some beautiful stone though, with mostly white quartz and even some rose quartz. Hot, high humidity day but was in the shade most of the day. Almost fun. 

9881A030-360E-4E60-9493-D1ACB50DB5F7.jpeg

3/4” thick

A94610B5-A640-4407-B608-4AD6C6ED03F9.jpeg

371E4AE0-7E60-495A-B336-AB4BD5211EFF.jpeg

FF11611D-4D44-4EC5-BCF6-6AD26F7A5ED2.jpeg

C575E394-BC12-4770-8292-191030D425D8.jpeg

Elvis likes it

3C6A2697-14CE-498D-81C1-4EB032C974EC.jpeg

871B1088-FCF2-40FB-91F1-02B58BD1C00C.jpeg

CA9ECB95-1780-4010-858F-F11D127925E9.jpeg

All level

4BD373EB-4C18-4502-A2A9-794ED0F90DFC.jpeg

0EF7CD7E-4DFF-4900-8847-77FFDF8E1C6F.jpeg

One coffee, three gators and one beer. Sounds a little like a country song ...

9E198B75-E20C-435B-93F9-755BD83AAB4E.jpeg

• Like 9

Glad to see someone getting their projects done.  I think i need to call for a framing inspection before I can do anymore.

I spent part of today buffing out the decklid on the 40 Ford coupe. That was after going to the car show 5 miles away and walking the streets for a couple hours earlier.   That's where the for sale cars line up. Saw a nice 58 Buick sedan and a pretty clean older restoration on a stock 31 Buick sedan.  Neither were for sale.  The 58 was in action on the street and the 31 was just sitting parked, A little surprising to see since the majority of the cars range from rat rods to Muscle cars with many being heavily modified,  and some all out drag cars running up and down the road, that I'm sure would fail any state inspection. There were some 60's and 70's stock Buicks running around as well but I didn't really take note as to what they were.  I'm into older tin. Looked like a beautiful,  possibly restored (not rodded) 36 Pontiac 3 window coupe just inside the gate.  I'll pay and go in tomorrow.  I should take the camera and get some pictures for you all.  I imagine there are piles already posted online though.  It's the Adirondack nationals in NY state. 

I used to stress for a week and put as many as 4 cars one year in that show.  I lived about an hour and 15 minutes away.  Now I live 5 miles from the gate have probably nicer cars and didn't even register anything for it.  I'll cruise down on Sunday with the Hudson when they let the local riff Raff in and let Hudson be represented as I didn't see a one Today. 

• Like 2

That's nice looking river pebble and level to boot.  But, you need to slow down...you're making the rest of us retirees look like dead-end slouches!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DShip said:

.  But, you need to slow down.

If I ever slow down I’ll loose momentum, too much to get done to let that happen. Even after a couple of rain days and sitting around I start freezing up like an old engine. And there ain’t no starter fluid for old men to use to get us cranked and running again so just gotta keep running. I do set throttle to idle ever once in awhile though. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Here I'll give you a little fix of Buicks.  I told you all of a big show five miles from the house.  Here is a sample of a few of the Buicks I saw.  Remember this is a big rod show and heavy on Muscle cars so seeing stock early 60's Special and Skylarks is nto real common and anything pre 50's without a small block between the rails is pretty rare,  much less being Buick on top of that.  I actually never carry a camera but made an exception today and occasionally even remembered I had it on me.  The 40 Was spectacular.  The 32 A nice driver partially rehabbed and partially original.  The 1st generation riviera was almost a rod,  but actually beyond the wheels and hood ornament looked pretty stock.  The ragtop was nice and pretty stock.   

IMG_6131.JPG

IMG_6132.JPG

IMG_6136.JPG

IMG_6133.JPG

IMG_6134.JPG

• Like 1

And the rest of them.  I never saw the 58 around today,  but then again it's a big show and may have been on the streets not inside.  There were a few others including a 70 GS and a 55 Convertible I didn't get photos of,  but not alot.  

IMG_6135.JPG

fullsizeoutput_90c.jpeg

IMG_6129.JPG

IMG_6130.JPG

• Like 2