Mystery touring car

nzcarnerd

The Mitchell's cowl length, its side hinge height location, and position of the windshield on it (but not its mounting fixture) look more like the Patterson's, but the radiator filler looks like the Mitchell's.  (Could it be a Mitchterson..?) , But it looks longer to me than in either of Bloo's or Leif's pictures.  In 1918 Mitchell had a 127" wheelbase, in '19 thru '22 there were 2 wheelbases, one 120" and the other 127", while in the corresponding years the Patterson had no wheelbase over 120".   A tough nut to crack.

It's also possible that it's Hollywood - a picture from a movie or TV show.  Look at the car behind the crashed one. It's wearing a significant amount of snow on its hood and fenders, but there's very little snow anywhere else. 

Is this a colorized picture? If not, shouldn't it be black and white? I think it looks a little staged.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

...Car was hit hard by another vehicle on the lower LH side at an angle in which it was forced up over the Street Curbing ripping the RH rear wheel off and the Car came to rest on it. Notice that there was no damage to the Iron fence but RH front fender had made contact causing slight damage to it.

...The snow on the other car could have come from that car just being in another location minutes before i.e. Mountains in California to the North East Great Lakes- ‘Lake effect Snow’ narrow bands (I see it happen all the time).

1920's Car history12 .jpg