Sign in to follow this  
JZRIV

63-73 Riviera Celebrated at 2017 Hemmings Concours d'Elegance

10 hours ago, EmTee said:

Sunday - Hemmings Concours d' Elegance:

What a fantastic line-up!

Where any awards given?

Is that gorgeous Electra Limited up for sale? The '67 Electra's seem to be more rare than '67 Riviera's now days.

Thanks for the pics, EmTee.  Your ride appears brand new.

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

EmTee - It was a pleasure meeting you on Saturday.  I'm glad I got to see your '67.  I'm a little bummed that I couldn't be there on Sunday too.  Work really cramps my style.

Oh well, a September motorcycle ride across New England was fun, but I was hoping to have the shark ready for the trip.  I got the frame welded and the headers in, but there was still too much buttoning-up to do.  Next time.

PS - remind me about those control arms...

• Thanks 1

Outstanding photos and recap EmTee! Great to finally meet you and see Goldie. What a wonderful well preserved example of a 67. Thanks so much for getting the pics and recaps posted quickly.

I was impressed with the fine organization Hemmings had in place for the event. Was a great opportunity to visit with other ROA members in a setting like the Concours. Lake George area is very nice.

Awards for Riv Class:

3rd Place - Richard Harvey - 1964 (light green)

2nd Place - John DiFrancesco - 1965 GS

1st Place - Al Schmidt - 1970

Villa Riviera was also a big hit with spectators. It was not judged.

Note: Mike and Judy Hatcher drove their 1971 from Detroit area over 700 miles to the event and I would have never guessed that based on the fine condition. Not a mark on it! Hats off to them! 

All Rivs in attendance  were outstanding examples of 63-73 for the spectators to see. The awards MC as well as Wayne Carrini  gave accolades to the Riv line up multiple times. 

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, PWB said:

Is that gorgeous Electra Limited up for sale?

Ha -- I immediately thought of you when i saw it (so I had to get a picture)!  ;)  I don't recall seeing a 'For Sale' sign, but you know what they say: "everything has a price"...  Interestingly, it was a non-A/C car that had what appeared to be a period aftermarket under-dash unit with a York compressor.

11 hours ago, PWB said:

Thanks for the pics, EmTee.  Your ride appears brand new.

Thanks -- I credit the previous owner for taking good care of it for me and resisting the urge to paint it black long enough to acquire the genuine article!

...and if you're hungry for more (I know I am) just pay attention at approximately 1:27!  ;)

https://youtu.be/kjZquVWR6IE

4 hours ago, RoadShark said:

EmTee - It was a pleasure meeting you on Saturday.

Likewise, Bill -- meeting both you and Jim Milewski was an unexpected pleasure.  It turns out that Jim's dad lives about 6 miles east of my house.  Also discovered the owner of a '57 Chrysler Windsor at the show on Saturday lives about the same distance away in the opposite direction!  My 'car guy' universe has expanded greatly in just one weekend!  :P

• Like 1

It truly is a big Buick world.

I went to our local paint shop, Liles. His family has a huge operation and yard.

I get an estimate on a paint job and Mr. Lile says "Hold on, let me show you something." He takes me to his private collection of antiques and in the corner is a mint '67 Riviera. Red with white bucket interior.

Its right front fender was "misaligned" just like mine.

Been sitting in there for years. No time to fix the carb. No time to drive it. Going to leave it for his kids and will never sell it.

Many Buick people with sleeping Buicks out there!

http://www.lilescollision.net

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Great photos!  Some really impressive cars, notably Jason's '66 GS, the Bamboo Cream '65 GS, and the '53 green Woody Wagon!

Thanks for sharing.

Alex

Concours Pics have been loaded on the ROA website gallery under a new Category "Regional Meets and Riviera Related Shows"

https://rivowners.org/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=42

Photo credits go to EmTee for getting great pics from all 3 days of the event,. Also Darrell Ingold and myself. And can't forget Al Schmidt for making sure I got a pic with Wayne Carini and the 66 or I would surely have missed the photo opportunity.

Additionally Randall Crain loaded pics from the 2017 ROA Southeastern Regional under same category.

Enjoy

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Thanks 3