Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JZRIV

63-73 Riviera Celebrated at 2017 Hemmings Concours d'Elegance

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The info below is posted on the ROA website. We were pleased to hear Hemmings is yet again recognizing the Riviera with well deserved publicity. This time through their Concours d'Elegance show in Upstate NY. They are looking for 10-15 Rivieras from 1963 to 1973 to attend.

https://www.hemmings.com/concours/

The new location has been announced as of 2/4/17. The event will be held at the Charles R. Wood Park Festival Commons; Lake George NY, 9/15-9/17. 

Hemmings Motor News Concours d’Elegance
September 15-17, 2017

The 1963-73 Riviera will be celebrated at the 11th annual Hemmings Motor News Concours d’Elegance next September at Festival Commons, Lake George NY.

The announcement was made by the event staff at this year’s event. presented by Gullwing Motor Cars. The Riviera class will be accompanied by five other special classes: Chevrolet Camaro/Pontiac Firebird (in celebration of the GM F-body’s introduction) through 1981; Studebaker; MG; Wood-bodied Station Wagons; and Professional Vehicles (limousines, flower cars, hearses and ambulances) through 1980.

These six featured marques will be accompanied by the traditional classes, headlined by Full Classics (as recognized by the Classic Car Club of America), along with American Pre- and Postwar cars, American Muscle cars, European cars, Vintage Trucks and Preservation Cars.

Vehicles are now under consideration for each of the 2017 Concours classes. To submit a vehicle, please send full contact information, photos and a brief write-up about it to Hemmings Motor News Concours, Attn: Matthew Litwin, 222 Main Street, Bennington, Vermont, 05201, or by email at concours@hemmings.com. For more information about the 11th annual Hemmings Motor News Concours d’Elegance presented by Gullwing Motor Cars, visit Hemmings.com/Events/Concours.

hemmings_concourse.jpg

Edited by JZRIV
Add link to website - note date change (see edit history)
3 people like this

FANTASTIC.  :)

I hope some local Riviera owners make it. Good chance I'll be working near there, then. On my radar!

Thanks JZ

Posted (edited)

Wow!  Something close to New England.  That'd be a nice ride, assuming my Riv is road worthy.

>shuts off computer…runs to garage< :ph34r:

Edited by RoadShark (see edit history)

Yippee!  I was jealous when they featured the Toronado & El Dorado at the 2016 event.  It's on my calendar!  Now I need to start knocking-off the items on my Goldie 'to-do' list... ;)

Oh, and I can't wait to see JZ's '66 in-person!

Me thinks the NY shelves be depleted of Meguiars polish then! B)

Aye -- best to stock up now to avoid the rush!  ;)

Jason, Should we possibly see about having this post "pinned" to the top?

Keep it on everyone's radar, and so those that do apply or are accepted can add to it?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

We could ask Mr Earl to pin this one in place of the dues reminder thread come Jan 1 when we will no longer need the dues thread pinned. I know he doesn't like to have too many threads pinned at any given time.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
2 people like this

1 hour ago, JZRIV said:

We could ask Mr Earl to pin this one in place of the dues reminder thread come Jan 1 when we will no longer need the dues thread pinned. I know he doesn't like to have too many threads pinned at any given time.

Sounds like a plan.

Posted (edited)

Wanted to waste no time getting my Car in. Never know how fast it will fill up.Hoping the new venue will be just as Majestic. Making my Hit List..... Every Nut and Bolt.

Hope to See you there! Seldom get an Event this close.

bck lft.JPG

Edited by Tder1
added text (see edit history)
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The new event location has been announced! The Festival Commons at Charles R. Wood Park,Lake George, New York. Of the 6 host hotels listed, the Fort William Henry is the closest to the Park.

that hotel is going to fill up very fast. 

http://www.festivalcommons.com/

https://www.hemmings.com/concours/

download.jpg

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Doesn't look like a bad place to spend a day or two...

I know several people have been wondering - I did submit the application a couple weeks ago and plan to take the 66 GS.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Great Jason ! Good Luck ! Hope your in.

Debating taking my  Motor Home for the W/E.

See what happens.Just have to find a spot close.

Looks like they can make something good out of this Venue.

Edited by Tder1
added text (see edit history)

Lake George in the summertime is heaven on earth. It's called the "Queen of the American Lakes" for a reason. That said, Lake George Village can be a little crowded and sort of honky tonk during the high season. Its all good clean fun though. If you go, make sure you do two things:

1. Take a ride on one of the Lake George Steamboats ( MinnieHaHa for a short ride, Mohican for a real tour of the 26 mile lake or Lac du San Sacrament in the evening) 

2. Take a drive out of Lake George on the Beach Road and turn left and follow 9L. It's a scenic, very twisty road through wooded Adirondack country. Put your windows down and enjoy. 

PRL