Cybertruck

I like them because they are different. Given the opportunity to buy one I probably would. Unfortunately, that is a problem I wont have to face, LOL. However the WOW factor is gone. The same as when I first saw a Tesla car on the road or the new mid engine corvette. It was like, WOW, that thing is really sweet. I have not seen a lot of them in the wild so to speak but have seen enough that they are no longer a novelty. Its just, 'hey, there goes a cyber truck'. Before too long a comment wont even be warranted.  I dont need to drive a vehicle that is an attention getter (ok, driving around in a car with a giant screaming chicken on the hood doesnt count😬) but I like that fact that they look different than any other car on the road. 

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

I like them because they are different. Given the opportunity to buy one I probably would. Unfortunately, that is a problem I wont have to face, LOL. However the WOW factor is gone. The same as when I first saw a Tesla car on the road or the new mid engine corvette. It was like, WOW, that thing is really sweet. I have not seen a lot of them in the wild so to speak but have seen enough that they are no longer a novelty. Its just, 'hey, there goes a cyber truck'. Before too long a comment wont even be warranted.  I dont need to drive a vehicle that is an attention getter (ok, driving around in a car with a giant screaming chicken on the hood doesnt count😬) but I like that fact that they look different than any other car on the road. 

Well, now we know where the guy that designed the Pontiac Aztec wound up 😀.  Actually I had to chuckle when I saw Hot Wheels has come out with some wild Pontiac Aztec competition car in their latest offerings.  A bet a Mad Max AMC Pacer can’t be too far behind.

IMG_4805.jpeg

Edited by TerryB
Add photo (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The aztec def is right near the top for ugly cars. BUT, by todays standards, it doesnt really look all that bad. Like the hot wheels version I have seen a few that have been 'hot rodded', different wheels etc. They really arent that bad looking. 

I better step out of this thread now or I might loose any car cred I may have earned🤪

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, classiclines said:

Special Limited Edition "Home Depot" version - awarded to Employee of the Year   (take-off on the Mary Kay theme)... 

CyberTruck6986.jpg

One of the better colors I've seen on the &^*, but that's not saying much.
Leadership must really hate their employees nowdays.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

One of the better colors I've seen on the &^*, but that's not saying much.
Leadership must really hate their employees nowdays.

Just kidding about the Home Depot award - everyone I show the pic to says it must be the Home Depot parking lot...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jim Bollman said:

Love Child.jpg

Ha, I would take any of the three. The Delorean was one car that I probably wanted more than any other. I remember in the not too distant past that one could be bought any day of the week for $10k, but of course my old car budget was about $100. 

• Like 4

Obviously trying to cater to a certain market, and that market often has plenty of disposable income.

Yup. Any service company that has a CT, King Ranch etc (or worse a fleet of them🤯) makes me think "somebody's paying for this fancy truck and it's this company's customers".

I've also noticed that, often, the fancier or more expensive the service vehicle, the lower quality the work.

• Like 3

When I was a kid dad had an old ford van as his work truck. Kept it nice but he never understood putting a lot of money out for a work vehicle (I still kinda feel the same way). Mom drove a new Olds 98. If dad went to a prospective customer for an estimate etc. he would always take my sisters pinto. Said it wouldnt look good showing up in the olds.

• Like 1

They are different.  I like them.  If I had the money, I would give one a shot.  

Actually, I wouldn’t.  I don’t buy new cars.  My most recent purchase was a 12 year old Lexus.  I am fortunate enough to get a new company vehicle every couple of years, and there is next to nothing I like about the buttons or “features” in any of them.  If I had the money, I would buy more old baseball cards. 

I think a $20,000 truck with 150 HP that gets decent mileage would appeal to a lot of buyers.  Just equip it with whatever the government is forcing you to (airbags/backup cameras/etc) and make it simple.  Sort of like what Ford tried to do with the Maverick.

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I saw four of them on a car carrier tractor-trailer yesterday. If that represents the future than I am happy to be stuck in the past. IMHO it looks like something the Borg could have designed. I think it is the current expression of the automobile (or truck) as an appliance. Will any of these be restored and shown at Hershey in 25 years? A whole line of them would have little interest for the average car show attender.

It will be interesting to see how successful this line of truck is.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry Schramm said:

Only 4 on the car carrier because of the high mass/ weight.  Almost 7,000 pounds.

Wow. That puts these things on the ragged edge of having to run weighted license plates in Virginia. Throw 500 lb of stuff in the bed (which I still haven't seen) and it puts it into a different and more expensive weight class for licensing purposes.

With four adult passengers that would probably put it in that class too.

The Commonwealth gets enough of my money for vehicle registrations as it is. No, thank you, on a Cybertruck.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Wow. That puts these things on the ragged edge of having to run weighted license plates in Virginia. Throw 500 lb of stuff in the bed (which I still haven't seen) and it puts it into a different and more expensive weight class for licensing purposes.

And if you think that is heavy, look at this, an electric Hummer.

9,063 lbs

image.jpeg.6adb8866b8324e2a0cecb56fa72e222e.jpeg
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 5:51 PM, 1957Birdman said:

I saw four of them on a car carrier tractor-trailer yesterday. If that represents the future than I am happy to be stuck in the past. IMHO it looks like something the Borg could have designed. I think it is the current expression of the automobile (or truck) as an appliance. Will any of these be restored and shown at Hershey in 25 years? A whole line of them would have little interest for the average car show attender.

It will be interesting to see how successful this line of truck is.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

I may have caught a glimpse of that yesterday as well, but it was going the other way so couldn't count them.

Were you on I-5?

9 minutes ago, 1957Birdman said:

Nope, I was driving near my home in Rockville, MD. I am much closer to I-95 than I-5. They must be ramping up their production.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

Dang, They are everywhere.