Buick riviera wheels and parts

Posted (edited)

I have sets of original wheels for 1963-85. I have codes 802 and codes 895. Both clean sets no pitting and will polish nice or sets that need a little attention. I also have center consoles and original dash pads for 65s

Houston tx. (281)961-9140 text or call for prices. 

IMG_5695.jpeg

IMG_5693.jpeg

Edited by Anthony6 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 5/10/2024 at 11:36 AM, telriv said:

Is there a difference between '65 dash pads & '63-'64 pads???

Tom T.

The 64 and 65 have a larger rectangular hole in the dash pad. There were dash pads I came across that had holes drilled I suspect for the ugly ass compass mounted on the dash for the 64 and 65. There is a chance the 63 dash pad had holes in the dash for accessories as well.

The grain embossed on the vinyl varies between two patterns of hair cell design. Hair cell design is that of the hair follicle  on the hair side from the animal the skin was taken. For instance hair cell pattern from that of a cow is different from that of a pig.

One upholsterer told me whatever the haircell design it is suppose to depict leather. 
The size of the dash board has the sme size bed where thep dash pad rests is the same for the 63,64, and 65.

Turbinator

On 5/10/2024 at 9:36 AM, telriv said:

Is there a difference between '65 dash pads & '63-'64 pads???

I would say 1964-65 Dashpads as they appear the same. 1963 Dashpads being different only for having just defog vents, no speaker.

On 5/10/2024 at 9:57 AM, dr914 said:

I need a perfect 64 center console!

I just sold a complete 1965 Console on eBay for $260 CAD. I paid much more. My strategy now is procrastination, not impulse buy.

Now looking for a sturdy box to send it off. The shell is perfect. Of course, woodgrain and lens and chrome has normal wear & tear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/355630797623

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, XframeFX said:

I just sold a complete 1965 Console on eBay for $260 CAD. I paid much more. My strategy now is procrastination, not impulse buy.

Now looking for a sturdy box to send it off. The shell is perfect. Of course, woodgrain and lens and chrome has normal wear & tear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/355630797623

That was a real good deal 👍 

For no breaks that was cheap cheap cheap like a bird sings

No wonder it sold quickly

No code number for 1965 wheels, 2” center hole, register rings, and medium gray pained webs.  
802 and 853 wheels have a 2-1/8” center hole, register rings, and black painted webs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gungeey said:

That was a real good deal

Hi just spent the WHOLE afternoon packaging that console which has to make it back to FL where it originally came from!

Wife said I should've junked it for the paltry $260 CAD it brought. Not worth my time!

9 hours ago, George Buick Riviera said:

Interested in the nice rim set for Riviera 65 - not sure which rim code it should be - not a purist: it just must fit 65, look stock, be nice and straight :-).

I have a couple of sets of 802 left. NOT SHOW QUALITY but decent wheels. 2819619140

10 hours ago, George Buick Riviera said:

Interested in the nice rim set for Riviera 65 - not sure which rim code it should be - not a purist: it just must fit 65, look stock, be nice and straight :-).

Where do you live? Shipping is sometimes a killer if you cannot find something local.

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

Where do you live? Shipping is sometimes a killer if you cannot find something local.

I can't get anything locally here in Poland Europe 😄- I have IL shipping US address, where I am collecting parts for a common overseas shipping. Yes it costs, but I have no other option.

On 5/12/2024 at 10:33 AM, RivNut said:

The 63 dash pad has no provision for a front speaker as do the 64 and 65 pads.

Just out of curiosity, here was the speaker in '63?  Rear only...?  :unsure:

16 hours ago, RivNut said:

802 and 853 wheels have a 2-1/8” center hole, register rings, and black painted webs.

My original 802 wheels actually have what I call 'charcoal' colored webs; it is a very dark gray.  I believe the '71 and up 895 wheels had truly black centers.

14 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Just out of curiosity, here was the speaker in '63?  Rear only...?  :unsure:

1963 had rear speaker only. No room for a front speaker as the heater/AC controls were there. They moved them lower in 1964 so there was room for a speaker.

Bill

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RivNut said:

I did not associate this post with your previous one about a/c parts.  I'm pretty tied up right now with my 64.  The reason I asked where you lived was that if you were close enough to Kansas City, you could drive by and pick them up.  Don't think you're that close. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 8:16 AM, Riviera63 said:

1963 had rear speaker only

Interesting the rear speaker in the 63 is 10 OHMS. Matching the correct speaker(s) with the rest of the system is critical for best listening experience. Id say its difficult sometimes to get the sound right in a car. Ive been told by a recording engineer the CD’s were produced for automobile system playback. Personally, I like audio recordings done with reel to reel tape recorders from the late 50’s and 60’s. Vinyl Playback through a tube amp/ receiver is tops.

Later Gator

Turbinator

Regardless of the sound, you cannot use 4 ohm speakers with a factory radio that originally came with 10 ohm speakers. You will overload the amplifier portion of the radio and burn it up. You need a new radio to go with these new speakers, or you need 10 ohm factory replacement speakers, there are plenty out there. Look at Turnswitch for all sorts of sizes and shapes.

Linda and I have a friend in Omaha who just got a new Lexus.  10 speakers. Sounds like you are front row center at Carnegie Hall.  Plus he can blow the kids in their hoopties off the road if he cranks up the volume without his trunk and fenders rattling. 😎

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Interesting the rear speaker in the 63 is 10 OHMS. Matching the correct speaker(s) with the rest of the system is critical for best listening experience. Id say its difficult sometimes to get the sound right in a car. Ive been told by a recording engineer the CD’s were produced for automobile system playback. Personally, I like audio recordings done with reel to reel tape recorders from the late 50’s and 60’s. Vinyl Playback through a tube amp/ receiver is tops.

Later Gator

Turbinator

Nothing beats a clean vinyl recording played through a tube amp to some good speakers!😁

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

to some good speakers!😁

Pat, no doubt about the speakers. Depending on your amp/receiver a good speaker match is real important. Im using a Sansui QR 6500 surround sound with Bang & Olafson 5700 Speakers with passive bass radiators. Crisp and quite clean with good separation. Of course the recording production quality of the source is critical. And then the complete set up of the system from A to Z has to be right or you miss your target sound experience.

Thank you for your remarks.