Local car for sale.

TMcNasty

That rear fender sweep starts behind the door on the the car in question The actual '57 rear fender sweep starts in the door of the 57 itself. But what do I know? The car is customised, so anything could have happened to.

5 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

That rear fender sweep starts behind the door on the the car in question The actual '57 rear fender sweep starts in the door of the 57 itself. But what do I know? The car is customised, so anything could have happened to.

The 1957 car shown is a hardtop convertible. The fender sweep on a regular convertible starts after the door. Or at least I think so.

R.jpg

Edited by hook
left out (see edit history)

11 hours ago, TMcNasty said:

From the seller: It's complete custom front grille made by Les Dunham and a rear continental kit.

00F0F_4IEg1HgAcLF_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpgCraigslist ad says '57 Ford. The front end modifications resemble what George Barris or Joe Bailon created in California in the '60's.

Les Dunham got a little later start in New Jersey. His shop was/is a prolific custom body shop.

Bailon

H83.111.1 | OMCA COLLECTIONS

Barris

george barris built cars | The Car" | Tv cars, Cars movie, Futuristic cars

Dunham

image.jpeg.2581d6cbf6820632555fb2c10d983657.jpeg

Les Dunham's 1950 Ford Pickup - Agent 008 - Kustomrama

All created with splendid taste that pleased every automotive enthusiast.😉

Edited by f.f.jones (see edit history)

On 3/19/2024 at 12:20 AM, Ozstatman said:

That rear fender sweep starts behind the door on the the car in question The actual '57 rear fender sweep starts in the door of the 57 itself. But what do I know

What you didn’t know is that on a 1957-59 Ford the doors on the retractable Skyliner are SHORTER than on the other Fairlane class 2 door models. 
Skyliner retractables have unique doors, quarter panels and moldings!

but the firewall forward is the same.  

• Like 1