1948 DeSoto Conv. Not Mine Holmen Wi. $26,000

I like this one…..

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1605815013536758/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A53fcdef4-2677-472e-af69-32d497ad4db9

Seller's Description

1948 Desoto convertible Runs and drives good Interior in great shape. Might need new carpet in front. Selling for my dad. Serious inquiries only.

IMG_5350.jpeg

IMG_5351.jpeg

IMG_5352.jpeg

IMG_5353.jpeg

• Like 10

This looks like a really nice car.  I don't know if the interior is correct, but it looks appropriate and appears to have been very well-done.  I would remove those skirts which look like an ill-fitting afterthought.  Otherwise, as long as you can live with a lot of green, this is a great car.  As has been said many times before on this forum, the MoPars from these years were very well-engineered and provide many miles of trouble-free enjoyment.  I can't comment on the price -- it seems a tad high, but probably in the ball park assuming the car is in good mechanical shape.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, neil morse said:

This looks like a really nice car.  I don't know if the interior is correct, but it looks appropriate and appears to have been very well-done.  I would remove those skirts which look like an ill-fitting afterthought.  Otherwise, as long as you can live with a lot of green, this is a great car.  As has been said many times before on this forum, the MoPars from these years were very well-engineered and provide many miles of trouble-free enjoyment.  I can't comment on the price -- it seems a tad high, but probably in the ball park assuming the car is in good mechanical shape.

The green plaid interior and lovely shade of green body paint makes me want it! The DeSoto grill is the chef's kiss on this one!

• Like 3

I really like this car, but green is my color, so that may be why I consider this to be a handsome ride. The interior looks great IMO, not sure if that is correct, but looks as though it could be. Having done all of the chrome on my car, I would agree with Jeff Perkins that the cost to chrome the grill and front bumper would sure scare me. 

Yes, a lot of green - BUT not to light or a yellow green that would be hideous. I am guessing it is very very close to the original color.

We live in an era now ( and are influenced by it) that all the modern cars are : white, silver , red or black.

Just try to imagine of someone who had restored the car had not chosen this green but maybe bright red, orange, school bus yellow, violet or some other color that was just so "in" during the era when you "let the sunshine in " and things were of the 5th dimension. 

• Like 5

The interior materials are incorrect, they should be leather and Bedford cord. I could be wrong but I'm thinking a dark green car whould have dark brown leather with pleated tan or beige colored Bedford cord inserts. That green striped material just looks out of place and it's too "loud" for the time period. It's like someone installed a late 50s interior into a late 40s convertible. Some folks might find the interior acceptable and it really doesn't look that out of place. However I find those crooked poor-fitting afterthought fender skirts a lot more annoying than the interior. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theconvertibleguy said:

ugh flippers are the worst

Not sure I'd call this guy a flipper, although not much difference between a flipper and a dealer except a dealer is flipping more than one car at a time. The mark up seems unusually low unless the dealer bought it substantially lower than the $26000 asking price. Druk, the dealership, has several other interesting 60s and 70s and a couple 40s and 50s cars for sale. Several good cars sold in the past as well. Under Carriage photos look like he only deals in solid cars.  

I'm mostly interested in pre war (as defined by  ww2 production stop) but lately I've been looking at late 50s and 60s cars for a good solid car that doesn't need restoration before prices get too far out of hand. 

• Like 2