1960 Invicta

Drakeule

All:

I just bought this remarkable '60 Invicta. Absolutely the best preserved example I have ever seen. I take delivery sometime next week. 

I did see it in person, and took it for a test drive; I hope that it turns out to be as good as it appears to be!

BTW, I have had excellent guidance by several members, Alan Rand and Eric Stoltz to mention two, both experts on early  '60s cars.

60 Invicta.jpg

60 invicta 9.jpg

60 invicta 8.jpg

60 invicta 7.jpg

60 invicta 6.jpg

60 invicta 3.jpg

60 invicta 5.jpg

60 Invicta.jpg 2.jpg

60 Invicta.jpg 1.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Nice car.  I always had a soft spot for the '60 Buicks.  My favorite uncle had a '60 LeSabre 4-dr sedan.  

I ran across a Charles Phoenix "Joy Ride" video on a '60 LeSabre 2dr hardtop a while back.  Beautiful car, too.  The styling on those cars just looks "right".

Welcome,

NTX5467

They are inherently good cars. I have had my white '60 Electra since 2001 and taken it from 67,000 to 90,000 without a lot of effort. Nothing has needed to be changed from the original  way it was built.

My speed minder is set at 85. It buzzes less there.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 9

the fuse box is under the dash on the left above the parking brake 

it is on a slide bracket to make it easier to access items around it.

the battery size is a 60M i believe but that was only being handled by the antique battery companies 

a group 27 can be used but it might be a little difficult using the original retainer

very nice 60 looks like its in beautiful condition, i do miss my 60

some of us really appreciate the sedans, good luck with it

Marty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jframe said:

Beautiful car, but lose that plastic fuel filter.

Maybe move it back under the car if you're unsure about the internal condition of the gas tank.  They do allow one to see whether any crap is being caught...

• Like 3

I haven't had a filter in my glass bowl in over a decade. Nothing to filter out. I am not really a big believer in filters for collector car usage anyway. I change the oil frequently, lubricate frequently, and always use Tier 1 fuel.

I heard all the corn licker gasoline stories and thought it might be my problem. After 8 years my carb looked like this when I took the air horn off..

009.JPG.810edc6ebe25632cbb238f23c82896f4.JPG

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I haven't had a filter in my glass bowl in over a decade. Nothing to filter out. I am not really a big believer in filters for collector car usage anyway. I change the oil frequently, lubricate frequently, and always use Tier 1 fuel.

I heard all the corn licker gasoline stories and thought it might be my problem. After 8 years my carb looked like this when I took the air horn off..

009.JPG.810edc6ebe25632cbb238f23c82896f4.JPG

Mine looked much the same when I cracked it open. I replaced the accelerator pump.  Left in the steel float needles. Buttoned it up. Runs great.  The glass bowl filter has been in for 5 years now. No issues. Still clear.