Missouri Auction Of Obscure Classic Cars Ending In A Few Hours

Trulyvintage

So for me this may be one of the weirdest auctions I have ever been involved in.  I bid on two lots and thought i had won but all I won was to be the highest PRE-BIDDER!  I should have just waited to the live cast to bid.  This is going to screw up my day now.  I should have read closer how they were doing this.  Oh well....

1 hour ago, Trulyvintage said:

The good news is - only the registered

bidders can now bid online.

All of the vehicles featured have 

titles except Lot 50.

IMG_6219.jpeg.957de428355c9456b5c9ae604183f41b.jpeg

The terms & conditions were clearly

stated at the top on the first page.

IMG_6218.jpeg.019851e86d0f0883ba02469172d2b6e0.jpeg

Jim

not sure what you mean by good news. Only registered bidders were permitted to bid online before. So the same people that were bidding online can still bid live online.

The online pre-bidding only set the floor for the live auction.

The Olds was not a 03 but an 04. I told the auction company but they refused to correct it. Brought all the money. Not mine!  

The other shocking thing with this auction was they threatened the bidders at the start...that was a first for me!!!  Can't imagine RM, Mecum, Bonhams or othes doing that!

1 minute ago, alsancle said:

not sure what you mean by good news. Only registered bidders were permitted to bid online before. So the same people that were bidding online can still bid live online.

The online pre-bidding only set the floor for the live auction.

Anyone seriously interested would

have pre-registered.

The link in the first post is being

constantly updated as each lot

closes - there is an option

to “ Watch “ a lot that still

has an active auction.

Jim

20 minutes ago, Trulyvintage said:

Anyone seriously interested would

have pre-registered.

The link in the first post is being

constantly updated as each lot

closes - there is an option

to “ Watch “ a lot that still

has an active auction.

Jim

Jim,  still not sure what you mean?  There is no difference in bidding credentials between the online bidders and the people physically present.  At least I don't think so.  I can drop a bid on any one of those cars right now.   Fortunately I'm not drunk.

No reserve auctions with even semi-cool stuff will always do well.   You just need to have nerves and hope that black friday doesn't hit the day before the auctions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, West Peterson said:

I think I could be 10 drinks in and realize that bidding would be the wrong thing to do.

I always like to tell people in the good ole days it was open bar at car auctions for anyone with a bidders paddle.   They would happily give you as much booze as you could handle as long as you could still raise your arm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A few interesting cars, but prices on the high side as far as I can see.  I thought the new mantra is that you can't give project cars away ? Some of those projects brought some surprisingly high prices.

3 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

The other shocking thing with this auction was they threatened the bidders at the start...that was a first for me!!!  Can't imagine RM, Mecum, Bonham's or others doing that!

Threatened the bidders in what manner?  

I was not following this auction.