1966 Pontiac Lemans OHC Sprint Hardtop - $7,200 Milford, MA

I love this. Sadly it will probably lose the OHC six and come back as a GTO clone.

More pics in the ad.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/d/mendon-1966-pontiac-lemans-ohc-sprint/7616443226.html

1966 Pontiac Lemans Hardtop OHC 4 Barrel Sprint.
239 Cubic inches ,207 HP
Car has been in storage since 1979.
Code D Fontaine Blue with Blue bucket seat interior
Body is extremely solid
Engine appears to be missing the original intake and exhaust manifold.
Car is not running or driving.
Feel free to contact with any questions.
Care is located in Milford Massachusetts
Have a clean title
Asking $7200

image.jpeg.24a4f1511d9dcaf0a589f8faff5e4318.jpeg

image.jpeg.e088a9500691a00a2e1bd3c3190edcfb.jpeg
image.jpeg.7a08b3288e1533b7861fb072b0048826.jpeg
image.jpeg.04f613216aef8208794ef9e34cdbb565.jpeg

• Like 3

I looks the body hasn't weathered the years so great. It looks like the engine compartment was totally neglected in a desert junk yard. Then miraculously the interior looks well preserved.  The OHV 6 was a pretty good motor and it did have a 4BBL carburetor from the factory. However this one seems to have a 1 BBL carburetor even though the ad says otherwise.  I like those engines. But I fear someone will buy it and drop in a big block V8 or an LS1 conversion and ruin the cars originality.  This thing would be cool with a 4 speed manual trans with that Sprint 6 rebuilt and a paint job.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gearheadengineer said:

Sadly it will probably lose the OHC six and come back as a GTO clone.

Gosh, I hope not! I get the impression that people are less inclined to do stupid things to original old cars than they were 20+ years ago, but maybe I'm wrong. I'd also love to have this car. I had a '67 hardtop with a 326 back in the '70's.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamesR said:

Gosh, I hope not! I get the impression that people are less inclined to do stupid things to original old cars than they were 20+ years ago, but maybe I'm wrong. I'd also love to have this car. I had a '67 hardtop with a 326 back in the '70's.

Agreed.  GTO's are like a**h*les.  Everyone has one!   But a Sprint is something you never ever see.

Btw, I'm still looking for a 66 or 69 GTO.  😃

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Haha 4

Aeguably more unusual than a GTO, it deserves to be restored to totally original condition and shoed with a nice set of cragar supersports for 90% of the time.  

AJ you really should buy it.  The boy would love it.

1 hour ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Aeguably more unusual than a GTO, it deserves to be restored to totally original condition and shoed with a nice set of cragar supersports for 90% of the time.  

AJ you really should buy it.  The boy would love it.

If it was a stick Steve I would go look.

That would be a unicorn.  Since the trans is not specified, and given the year, powerplant assume it is a powerglide.  Underrated, really and likely ideal for this but yes, even a 3 speed on the floor would be entertaining.

Love that color on these.

19 hours ago, JamesR said:

I think that depends where you live. The practice is still alive and well here along the VA/NC middle border area. Neither a six cylinder car or a full-size car with a big-block has a chance of surviving intact, and Chevrolets suffer the most.

• Like 1

This really is a great looking, original car. There is a good following for the sprint 6 motors in the Pontiac world so hopefully it will be restored as such. I have to say, my son and I looked at the ad and he had to hit my thumb with the hammer to bring me back to the real world. I am knee deep in stuff right now or I would be heading north as I am writing this. 

In reality, I should scrap my upcoming project/s and buy this and be ahead by leaps and bounds, but I have never been accused of having much sense. 

• Haha 2

On 5/1/2023 at 9:10 PM, alsancle said:

Happy that’s not a stick as it’s close by.

I like it the way it is........strange and unusual. And no need to wash it between tours/events. 

• Like 2

The only recollection of an OHC-6 Tempest was a 1967 base model four door sedan automatic in this same blue that belonged to a friend's parents.   It was set up for economy with something like a 2:87:1 differential, was kindly referred to as "the gutless wonder".  Being a teenage driver, my friend wasn't thrilled with the car, used to, as he would say "kick it in the a**", flooring the accelerator to get it moving.    His folks liked the car because it was a slug...

I have never driven a sprint 6 but I was under the impression that they can be quite a peppy motor. I was parked to a fellow at a Pontiac show last summer with one in his 67 Firebird and he loved it. I would have my doubts with a stock motor in a car as big as the tempest though.

15 hours ago, alsancle said:

Check this out:

Nice wagon. It does look super solid on the outside.

I would not have driven it with only two lug nuts per wheel, but I guess that’s just me.

That internal rust looks like rodent nest damage to me. I wonder what it smells like!

• Like 2