Is Chasing Classic Cars Still Going?

B Jake Moran

I enjoy this show a lot. I use Dish Network and get it on Motor Trend network.   I have it set up to automatically record on the Hopper.  

I will look in my DVR saved shows and it will have recorded maybe 7 shows and I get excited.  But upon further review, I have seen all of them - sometimes many times so I just delete them.  

I guess there are (?) 15-16 seasons but they don’t seem to show any of the really older ones anymore. And some of those with Roger are really good.  

Does anyone “in the know” know if CCC is done?  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I spoke to Wayne last summer. He stated that  much funding went to Kevin Harts car program leaving no budget for CCC.  Wayne was looking to buy network of his own for CCC and similar programming. I do not know where he is with that. In the meantime Wayne has a magazine "The Chase" he publishes quarterly. You can subscribe.  It's a great publication. BTW, I got all of this information Wayne at the AACA car show last summer while getting to meet Wayne.  Super guy who truly loves the hobby and very receptive to fans. I hope CCC does air again. The numerous cut'em and make hotrods shows are tiresome. 

• Like 8

I liked Wayne C's chasing cars show. It was a bit staged like most of them but not the typical hillbilly shouting match of needing things done yesterday to meet an impossible deadline that was sure to be missed only to find out after the commercial that everything worked out in the last minute! I have no interest in any of those formats. Dennis Gage has a good show, Stacey David is good, and I like the classic tractor fever show.

• Like 1

I met Wayne at the Hemmings Concours in 2017.  He was the keynote speaker at the dinner.  As others said, he's a genuine guy who likes talking to people about cars.  My wife actually asked him if he would pose for a picture with me and my Riviera, which he was happy to do.

image.png.ec1b58b9986ed7a40472bf5664dad425.png

The only other car show I will try to watch is Full Custom Garage.  Ian Roussel is a talented fabricator and an interesting character.  I'm not always a fan of the final result, but watching him work is entertaining...  ;)

Edited by EmTee
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 11

I hope Wayne can get air time and continue to show us the shows and auctions he gets to. Often wonder if there is a "Full Restoration Shop" that turns out quality cars equal to the custom work on Bitchin Rides, and would that shop if it exists would allow filming. 

• Like 1

His show is "ok" at best for me , but although I can understand the buy/sell aspect , it is not something I focus on nor care about.  Like American Pickers, it is all about profit, "flipping" which is a part of life for many people and all of us do not look past a great deal to buy/sell then have some $ to afford to  buy something for our own collections.  In life we all choose what is more important to us then others, some need that fame and glory as being one of the top in their chosen pursuit.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Restorer32 said:

Wayne was wandering around the AACA show in Charlotte.

Yup, saw him twice - didn't speak w/him.  He was pretty busy and I was occupied judging.

Terry

46 minutes ago, Walt G said:

His show is "ok" at best for me , but although I can understand the buy/sell aspect , it is not something I focus on nor care about.  Like American Pickers, it is all about profit, "flipping" which is a part of life for many people and all of us do not look past a great deal to buy/sell then have some $ to afford to  buy something for our own collections.  In life we all choose what is more important to us then others, some need that fame and glory as being one of the top in their chosen pursuit.

Walt, I appreciate your view point.  I wish I had taken that road rather than own 0ver 225 old cars before I got out of the hobby. 

But, for me, the chase is what I was interested in as well.  I just lost money on my chased cars rather than made money.  Maybe that is why I like the show.  Wayne "hears" about a rare barn find car, and we get to go along for the journey.  

I am 59 now, but started chasing cars in the early 1990's.  I was a voracious reader, and I would buy magazines or advertisements and go "I gotta have THAT car!"   My sources back then were mostly Hemmings Motor News and local newspapers, or a couple of other print sources.  

I would make contact, understand the car better, research it and salivate over it, then buy it, get it delivered, dig in and lose interest.  Sell and repeat.    I would get the car, sit in it quietly in the garage, and just appreciate it, then it was downhill from there. 

Sometimes Wayne experiences the same thing.  He gets the car, goes bonkers but then decides, "you know what I want something else so I am going to sell it to someone who appreciates it" and gets another car.  

• Like 1

It sounds like he is not coming back on, which is a shame.  He has looked the same for most of these years, but I wondered if he got out because of age.    Just think of his finds, shows and content he could have had, had stupid Motor Trend decided to have a great show like his over "Bitchin' Rides" and other modification driven shows. 

And yes, most of the other shows are simply too over the top from a reality scripted standpoint for me to stomach.  

• Like 2

So from Wayne, CCC is defunct. He just called me. There is a story why but it has nothing to do with the popularity of the show or Wayne's interest in doing it.  In the meantime he has several new shows on streaming services and is in discussion with another network.  He has a podcast and a magazine.  There is a LOT going on in "Wayne's World" and it is all positive.  

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

So from Wayne, CCC is defunct. He just called me. There is a story why but it has nothing to do with the popularity of the show or Wayne's interest in doing it.  In the meantime he has several new shows on streaming services and is in discussion with another network.  He has a podcast and a magazine.  There is a LOT going on in "Wayne's World" and it is all positive.  

Thanks for the update Steve. One thing that really bothers me is the Live streaming and Podcasting stuff. If it is a service that is available to everyone why KEEP IT A SECRET? Tell the viewer where to go, who to call, and how much to pay for it? A 10 year old with a lemonade stand in the front yard has more business sense. 

• Like 2

Last I spoke to Wayne, he had a new show in the works. I’m sure they will promote it in all the appropriate places. He mentioned a few places they were scheduled to shoot at……….sounds interesting. Full disclosure, I don’t watch much tv and have never seen any of his shows. He’s a good guy and lots of fun. Whatever he ends up doing will be successful……..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Wayne on one of his shows said Steve was his best friend.

Bob

• Like 1

:) I paid him to say that!  Nah, not his best friend but one of many he has.  He has been great to me and AACA.  Life member too!  There is a lot to what is going on with Wayne's broadcast future but I just do not think it appropriate to be the one to announce it in public.  There are more CCC shows already in the can but they cannot be broadcast until the network handles their business.

• Like 3

The information I received was not “off the record” but it’s not my place to post it in the open or discuss it publicly. From what information he provided, I expect it will be was popular as CCC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unless a lot of things changed in recent years, the show was shot with a three person crew, Wayne, the camera guy, and the third with a clipboard. I enjoyed seeing the cars, people, and places Wayne got to go, hope the new show works out well for him. 

Bob

• Like 3