What are you still looking for?

I thought that, with restoration in mind, a thread on parts we are still looking for might be in order. This came about because last week a friend mentioned in passing that another friend was looking for a set of fork-mounted headlights for a truck. I had such a set that I've no use for so I passed them on to someone who could use them. I'll bet most of us have miscellaneous parts laying around...too good to throw away but not worth the effort of advertising. For my part, I'd rather have the rest of my teeth pulled than go through the headache of selling on ebay.

I'll start...I'm still looking for a steel radiator shell for my 1910 MItchell. There were two types, one brass and the other steel. Several of the "restored" cars out there that had the steel shell now have new brass ones so I'm guessing someone must have an unused steel shell. I prefer the steel one because it is painted body color. The car already has enough brass on it and I like the idea that the painted shell makes the hood look a little longer.

This is what it looks like, Notice the clipped corners at the bottom...that was a different, though probably unique, feature of Mitchell radiators.

image1.jpg.01b2876e5a0caf9200c318f571be19d2.jpg

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Nothing too exciting, but I would like to find a source for this door gasket/interior trim material for my 1959 Fiat Granluce. I know this was used on many cars and I had at one time located some. But, alas, I wasn't ready for it so I didn't buy it then. Lesson learned.

P1020417.jpg.b0cc06a68833ca2ca01e89f4065e77df.jpgP1020416.JPG.d4c8b6fd4e0017a04c4bd691c5608819.JPGP1020418.JPG.0e09859366ca6e83f116c424761deaf5.JPG

1 hour ago, JV Puleo said:

I thought that, with restoration in mind, a thread on parts we are still looking for might be in order. This came about because last week a friend mentioned in passing that another friend was looking for a set of fork-mounted headlights for a truck. I had such a set that I've no use for so I passed them on to someone who could use them. I'll bet most of us have miscellaneous parts laying around...too good to throw away but not worth the effort of advertising. For my part, I'd rather have the rest of my teeth pulled than go through the headache of selling on ebay.

I'll start...I'm still looking for a steel radiator shell for my 1910 MItchell. There were two types, one brass and the other steel. Several of the "restored" cars out there that had the steel shell now have new brass ones so I'm guessing someone must have an unused steel shell. I prefer the steel one because it is painted body color. The car already has enough brass on it and I like the idea that the pain ted shell makes the hood look a little longer.

Joe Our friend KEAN has 2  shells in AU . Why not have one of our Aussie friend  hammer one out  for you, using his pattern?? Im sure he will be glad to help out. Check out Keans inventory  in this picture.

Jerry Mitchell (2).JPG

Edited by mikewest (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JV Puleo said:

I'll start...I'm still looking for a steel radiator shell for my 1910 MItchell. There were two types, one brass and the other steel. Several of the "restored" cars out there that had the steel shell now have new brass ones so I'm guessing someone must have an unused steel shell. I prefer the steel one because it is painted body color. The car already has enough brass on it and I like the idea that the pain ted shell makes the hood look a little longer.

Joe , Our friend Kean in Au has 2 shells.

I thought I had the dimensions of the shell but all I can find are the dimensions for the radiator. Needless to say...it fits inside the shell so the shell should be slightly larger but the same shape. When I was (briefly) a member of the MItchell club there were about 10 or 11 listed in their roster. It would be the same for the Model R but I think there were less of those.

Radiator.jpg.f3376bba1b62629bfa1aaee4b1c041f9.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikewest said:

Joe Our friend KEAN has 2  shells in AU . Why not have one of our Aussie friend  hammer one out  for you, using his pattern?? Im sure he will be glad to help out. Check out Keans inventory  in this picture.

Jerry Mitchell (2).JPG

I have a car that looks just like that one!!!!

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2023 at 7:11 PM, JV Puleo said:

I'll start...I'm still looking for a steel radiator shell for my 1910 MItchell. There were two types, one brass and the other steel. Several of the "restored" cars out there that had the steel shell now have new brass ones so I'm guessing someone must have an unused steel shell. I prefer the steel one because it is painted body color. The car already has enough brass on it and I like the idea that the painted shell makes the hood look a little longer.

This is what it looks like, Notice the clipped corners at the bottom...that was a different, though probably unique, feature of Mitchell radiators.

image1.jpg.01b2876e5a0caf9200c318f571be19d2.jpg

Joe Is the shell in AU??

What am I still looking for?

My mind…….I lost it when I fell in love with pre war cars. If anyone comes across it, please return it. I have never used it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, edinmass said:

What am I still looking for?

My mind…….I lost it when I fell in love with pre war cars. If anyone comes across it, please return it. I have never used it.

My brother said he found his when he had his first colonoscopy. I guess Dad was right all along when telling him where he kept his head!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Useful thread, thanks.

I’m looking for two parts for a 1949 Buick Super Sedanette:

passenger door latch

passenger rear fender side spear

I have several parts that I’m not using and would sell:

for for 1953 Cadillac:

cadette cap headlight bezels

rear tail light assemblies (complete, but need lenses)

hydraulic pump for power windows (same for convertible top?)

for 1955-1957 Chevrolet or GMC truck:

vent window assemblies with glass

radiator fan shroud

12V voltage regulator

intake and exhaust manifolds

I’m looking for the chrome part that covers the crank hole in the lower part of the radiator shell for a1928 Packard 526. The car presently has (I think) a cheap J. C. Whitney gas tank cap.Doesn’t look bad, but well… it does still look like a cheap gas tank cap.

Gas cap.png