The identify this tool

halifaxhops

11 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Possibly valve stem puller.

Winner.

But rather than a tool to install a new stem it is better at breaking off the old stems.   The narrow end is used for pushing the remaining stub end of the stem back through the wheel. 

puller.jpg

• Like 2

It's for setting the caster and camber on full size rear wheel drive Mopars and Fords,  circa 60s 70s.    The pointed end fits into one of 2 holes in the top of frame at the upper A arm.  The hook grabs onto the upper A arm shaft to pull it after loosening the 2 nuts that secure the A arm shaft to the frame.    This is only used on cars that don't have eccentric adjusters or adjustment shims on upper A arms.         

Just like different bend angles on distributor wrenches, these came in different bends for different makes of cars to fit in there without hitting things like the inner fender.    That type of setting caster/camber is such a pain compared to shim style or eccentric style adjusters....until you have plenty of experience.                                                                                                                         

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DFeeney said:

The 3 arm brake puller looks hard to use as the arms do not seem to bolt to the brake drum studs.

Those 3 arms can rotate around the outer edge to line up with the studs...

Frank

2 hours ago, halifaxhops said:

For tie rod end adjustment.  What can you find?

Ask and you shall receive. 

The hooks go into the split portion of the tie rod sleeve such that as you twist it, it opens or spreads the threaded area making it perhaps a little easier to turn.  

TR1.jpg.168df5744f0a34ad394917ee30890aaa.jpgTR2.jpg.8120401a384c187b7cce6d36aff87f89.jpgTR3.jpg.f7a8b27432503391b10c5ccd9e02ea48.jpg

• Like 4

hook1.jpg.5048a651e60be8159f643c5fbb7647cc.jpg

Ok, it looks like a generic hook device. This one is a Craftsman. Snap On sells one that looks identical. Same tool, but each company has different uses. 

What do the descriptions from Craftsman and Snap on recommend buying this tool to accomplish? 

BTW, it DOES accomplish the recommendation(s) very well 

1 hour ago, m-mman said:

hook1.jpg.5048a651e60be8159f643c5fbb7647cc.jpg

Ok, it looks like a generic hook device. This one is a Craftsman. Snap On sells one that looks identical. Same tool, but each company has different uses. 

What do the descriptions from Craftsman and Snap on recommend buying this tool to accomplish? 

BTW, it DOES accomplish the recommendation(s) very well 

For pulling cotter pins

• Like 1

Craftsman had a larger version of it advertised for breaking radiator and heater hoses loose from their nipples.

A good sharp pocket knife or box cutter always worked for me, since if I was pulling a hose I was usually intent on replacing it.

I need to go digging back thru the tool boxes. I know there's more "unusual" stuff in them.

• Like 1

Just now, rocketraider said:

Used to adjust 57-74 GM ignition points and also carburetor idle mixture screws. Looks like you're missing the 1/8" Allen bit. Mine's missing a couple of the carb screw bits.

Winner!  E bay pic.

Just now, Stude17 said:

Winner!  Thought that would be a stumper for sure like that socket doohickie that is still not guessed

Edited by halifaxhops (see edit history)

5 hours ago, halifaxhops said:

Winner!  Thought that would be a stumper for sure like that socket doohickie that is still not guessed

This one? It's an oil pan drain socket bit for 61-65 Oldsmobile V8 except the F85's 215. Works with a 3/8 drive ratchet.

20230213_160300.jpg.db4d00bb564d1badcb7112a94fad6c0e.jpg

Or is there one I've overlooked?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocketraider said:

This one? It's an oil pan drain socket bit for 61-65 Oldsmobile V8 except the F85's 215. Works with a 3/8 drive ratchet.

20230213_160300.jpg.db4d00bb564d1badcb7112a94fad6c0e.jpg

Or is there one I've overlooked?

Didn't we already have this one? Or am I confusing a different thread on the same tool. I distinctly remember posting this photo of the "alternate" removal tool results.

earlydp.jpg

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)

I thought we had too, and I've gone back thru the whole thread trying to find the socket Halifax mentioned. But this has been a fun thread that I hope keeps going.

HalifaxHops, look on a Virginia map, about midway of the VA/NC border and you will find another Halifax, both a town and a county, where I live.

3 hours ago, rocketraider said:

I thought we had too, and I've gone back thru the whole thread trying to find the socket Halifax mentioned. But this has been a fun thread that I hope keeps going.

HalifaxHops, look on a Virginia map, about midway of the VA/NC border and you will find another Halifax, both a town and a county, where I live.

I have seen that.  I get people thinking Nova Scotia allot.