1970 CADILLAC ELDORADO 23000 ORIG MILES ORIG PAINT - $47,895 (MELVILLE, Long Island)

LAST YEAR OF THIS BODY STYLE 1967-1970. 70 ELDO WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH THE 500 CI ENGINE.. LASER STRAIGHT ORIGINAL PAINT AND GREAT CHROME. LIKE NEW. FACTORY ORDERED WITH LEATHER BUCKET SEATS, 8 TRACK PLAYER, OPERA LIGHTS. 500CI 400H. FRONT WHEEL DRIVE. 2ND OWNER ORIG SPARE TIRE NEVER DOWN

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/7564168224.html

020bab8a86863867b90fd88f3f9627c3@sale.craigslist.org

00L0L_8hSStIdtKwHz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

Not Mine.  20 photos in the CL ad.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Triple Black.  Matt Harwood was looking for one of these, low mileage.  

I sent the seller an offer of $45,000, that is about all I have for a collector car.  

$45k is a STRONG offer.  The seller would be a fool to hold out for more...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

Besides the hidden headlights, what are the differences between a 70 and a 68? Hubcaps are different. Anything else?

different wheelcovers, different seat style than the '67-'68, only the '68 had real wood trim, revised taillights and cornering light lenses

• Thanks 1

Many prefer the '67 since it's the first of them and has the parking lights in the front bumper.  I always preferred the '68 the most, so that is what I own.  The '69 is the least appreciated of the bunch.   The '70 also is popular because of the 500, and the optional ASC "factory" sunroof.  It also had optional ABS and is the last year of that body style.  They are all nice cars and are finally being appreciated like the early Rivieras ('63-'65, '66-'67).

• Like 1

Not say this is the one, but what is the best example of this series one can find worth?  

I have seen some of the asking prices the "Cadillac Creampuffs" guy puts on his stuff and wonder what actual sales prices are.

This one is pretty nice though, say $30k nice?  Maybe, not sure, I like them but would really need to know the market.  That is a semi informed guess.  Other thoughts?

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

When I question pricing I am told I am cheap so I am just buying cars at the asking price, so I won't be considered cheap. 

As some may have noted, pricing is appreciating for the 60's and 70's, perhaps stagnant for the 50's and post war 40's and stagnant, dropping or taking a long time to sell for the pre war cars.  

NOT that I am an expert but the high end personal luxury cars from the 60's seem to be on the rise and are a good investment. This car is right priced because of it's low original mileage and triple black iconic status.  Subject to inspection, it's silly to try and bargain him down $10,000 to $15,000.    

17 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

Many prefer the '67 since it's the first of them and has the parking lights in the front bumper.  I always preferred the '68 the most, so that is what I own.  The '69 is the least appreciated of the bunch.   The '70 also is popular because of the 500, and the optional ASC "factory" sunroof.  It also had optional ABS and is the last year of that body style.  They are all nice cars and are finally being appreciated like the early Rivieras ('63-'65, '66-'67).

I agree about the 68.

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Not say this is the one, but what is the best example of this series one can find worth?  

I have seen some of the asking prices the "Cadillac Creampuffs" guy puts on his stuff and wonder what actual sales prices are.

This one is pretty nice though, say $30k nice?  Maybe, not sure, I like them but would really need to know the market.  That is a semi informed guess.  Other thoughts?

I would say $30-35 thousand for a very low mileage (under 40,000) car with original paint or professional repaint, no vinyl top, no issues and bucket seats.  The problem with the bucket seats is the armrest on the center console is too low and should have been made at the same height as the armrests built into the door panels, so many prefer the bench seat.  The car also should be loaded with options.  With either buckets or no vinyl top, the demand is there whether the car has the options or not.  25% of '67 production came without the vinyl top, but it was usually installed on the other three model years.  You will see some crazy auction prices, but I think that is mostly due to bidding wars. 

• Like 1

Geez, the world must be changing by the minute!  If I was told I am being cheap because I am trying to negotiate a better price I would never buy a used car.  If the seller doesn't want to sell his car for what I am proposing then he/she can say "no, I am firm on the price!". 

Thanks Jim.  I know we have some Eldo owners here and was curious as to what folks thought.  A lot of these that have surfaced here have some needs, this one looks ready to rock. 

Jake, definately not advocating an offer that far from the current ask, but rather what current market is on a very, very good example.  I am a believer in negotiation but wouldn't reach out on any car unless I felt close enough on value to strike a reasonable deal.

Not saying this car is overpriced but it seems optimistic to me.  If I had true interest I would look for a price adjustment before reaching out, probably why I woukd fail as a flipper... 😊

If truly serious about this car, I would show up with cash in hand and look it over in-person.  Bring enough to cover your 'got-to-have-it' price and tailor the negotiation based on your assessment of the car and the seller's demeanor.

• Like 5

On 12/8/2022 at 2:18 PM, jj5794 said:

Suggest a careful check for potential corrosion, especially the underbody, particularly in view of the Illinois license plates. 

For the record, the location of the '70 Eldo for sale is (New York) "MELVILLE, Long Island", not the '68 Eldo w/ Illinois license plates; still a valid concern though.