What vehicles do you recall having wrap around back glass giving the appearance of two windshields front and back?.

30DodgePanel

On 7/25/2022 at 5:37 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

Here's one of the Pontiacs I was trying to recall from memory. The El Catalina

3-1.jpg

I tell you what...Pontiac missed out by not offering that gorgeous car to the public. The Chevy El Camino's of that era were nice, but that thing is just spectacular! Even the '57 Ranchero doesn't look as good!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rusty_OToole said:

Dodge Deora show car used a 1960 Ford back window as a windshield

The Best Photos of the Spectacular One-Off 1965 Dodge Deora Pickup Truck ~  Vintage Everyday

Built by the Anderson brothers custom shop.I think it's the all time top selling hot wheels car.Saw a show on it and one of the brothers said they sold the rights to it for $300

3 hours ago, JACK M said:

Or doors.

Almost looks like the front opens up like a station wagon.

It does. The windshield is the hatch from a 1960 Ford station wagon. Below that, the door pivots in the center. Remember, it is a show car, in other words sculpture on wheels not licensed for road use, and not meant to be driven on public roads. So no need for windshield wipers and other accessories of a normal car.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 8:06 PM, KURTRUK said:

How about a Haller Taifun, a German sports car powered by a Porsche engine...

Haller Tailfun.jpg

That one would be easy to find in the parking lot! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 10:24 PM, JamesR said:

I tell you what...Pontiac missed out by not offering that gorgeous car to the public. The Chevy El Camino's of that era were nice, but that thing is just spectacular! Even the '57 Ranchero doesn't look as good!

Here's another one I think would have landed in good favor in a different era, maybe the 70s would have been more suited for it. 

Although I'm not in awe of this experimental truck the way I am with the Pontiac El Catalina styling, it's still a unique look at styling possibilites. Even without the rear glass panels it still gives that wrap around glass appearance in similar fashion. Not many vans look like they are in motion the way this one did....

View of a 1955 GMC L'Universelle experimental truck. Label on back: "Among the galaxy of experimental cars at the General Motors Powerama in Chicago will be this GMC 'dream truck' L'Universelle, which has created a sensation at public showings since its introduction in January. Although still in the 'show truck' category, plans are being made to put the revolutionary new vehicle into production. From: GMC Truck & Coach Division. Pontiac, Michigan." Handwritten on back: "Concept dream truck. L'Universelle, 1955."

view

• Like 2