Horseless carriage or nickel era tool kit / aluminum - anybody know what it is?

HK500

I'm trying to identify this tool tray - magneto tool makes it likely 1920 or older?  It has an aluminum base or tray, and the tool names are American, "NY & NJ Lubricant Co" on the greaser, and Truffault-Hartford shock tool. 

IMG_6216.JPG.2705cf13038ec8f4dfabeb452be40669.JPG Any ideas out there?

IMG_6218.JPG

IMG_6217.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig Gillingham said:

Eisemann magnetos weren't used on that many vehicles in the US. A few that were are Biddle, Crane-Simplex, Holmes, Mercer..

Also used on White cars & trucks............from 1916 to 1920.

2 hours ago, Layden B said:

Eisemann mags on:

FWD trucks

CARS:
Apperson

Dixie Flyer

Dodge

Dupont

Kissel

Locomobile

and more.

That is a carbide tank wrench beside the brass greaser. So probably from a vehicle with gas lamps.

It’s not Kissel. At least not 1916-1928 Kissel nickel era.

Ron Hausmann 

The wrench at the far right is made like an oversized Allen wrench- assuming the large open end is for the hubcaps that wrench was made to remove the spark plugs and valve covers of a jug style cylinder. Does anyone know a car that used hex style covers and the other equipment mentioned above?

I reckon this is a toolkit for a Packard, with the tool on the far right with the hex being the hubcap wrench. I've found these photos of a 1911 Model 30 that looks similar. I've found that the 1911's used an Eisemann magneto and had Hartford shock absorbers. I'm not sure what other years used an Eisemann, but the Hartford's were used on other year Packards in this period.

image.jpg

Untitled.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/19/2022 at 7:20 PM, Craig Gillingham said:

I reckon this is a toolkit for a Packard, with the tool on the far right with the hex being the hubcap wrench. I've found these photos of a 1911 Model 30 that looks similar. I've found that the 1911's used an Eisemann magneto and had Hartford shock absorbers. I'm not sure what other years used an Eisemann, but the Hartford's were used on other year Packards in this period.

image.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Wow!  That really looks like the one! That is amazing research! Soon to go on Ebay so someone who needs it can get it!

• 2 months later...