Branson or Bust!

Seafoam65

It looks like I brought COVID home with me from Branson. If you feel the onset of any symptoms at all, get tested to avoid spreading it to others. It has given me a wicked sore throat and a slight fever. 8-(

1 hour ago, Jim Cannon said:

It looks like I brought COVID home with me from Branson. If you feel the onset of any symptoms at all, get tested to avoid spreading it to others. It has given me a wicked sore throat and a slight fever. 8-(

Hope you got vaccinated and have no long term complications. My son got it in the first month it started spreading. Pre vacination time when they were still trying to figure it out. He survived but is still having issues with his lungs.  

My daughter got COVID (not at Branson) she was not hospitalized, so glad of that, 6 months later still having some of the effects, and now was diagnosed with "long haul COVID" what a mess China did to this country.

Bob

Jim, thanks for letting us know about covid. So far I have no symptoms but tested yesterday as a precaution. The test was negative but will test again later in the week.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Kevin

I just tested myself and my results were positive as well.  I’ve emailed those I hung around but now I’m telling everyone through this forum.  I’ve had both vaccinations and two boosters.  The symptoms I had were a running nose, cough, and some fatigue and nausea.  Tuesday was the worst, today (Thursday) I’m feeling pretty good.  Kind of like having the flu for a couple of days.  Get yourself tested.

I also have been sick all week........the symptoms started  Sunday night......I'm sure

it is Covid, but honestly it just feels like a bad case of the flu......mainly just fever, fatigue, and nausea.....

no respiratory problems worth mentioning. 

3 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

I also have been sick all week........the symptoms started  Sunday night......I'm sure

it is Covid, but honestly it just feels like a bad case of the flu......mainly just fever, fatigue, and nausea.....

no respiratory problems worth mentioning. 

Winston, you have the exact same symptoms that I had /still have.  I feel pretty good BUT I’m still considered a carrier so I could spread it to anyone I meet.  I’ve quarantined myself until I test negative.  I have a teleconference with my family physician this afternoon so he knows whether or not to give me an Rx for Praxlovid.

6 hours ago, RivNut said:

Winston, you have the exact same symptoms that I had /still have.  I feel pretty good BUT I’m still considered a carrier so I could spread it to anyone I meet.  I’ve quarantined myself until I test negative.  I have a teleconference with my family physician this afternoon so he knows whether or not to give me an Rx for Praxlovid.

I started with Praxlovid today.  5-day routine of tablets.  Easy.  The sore throat is a pain, but not life threatening.

I had all the vaccines that were offered but still got it.  I don't have any risk factors (except for age) so I'm not worried. I really just wanted to give people that went to Branson a heads-up. You can decide how to proceed from there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jim Cannon said:

I started with Praxlovid today.  5-day routine of tablets.  Easy.  The sore throat is a pain, but not life threatening.

I had all the vaccines that were offered but still got it.  I don't have any risk factors (except for age) so I'm not worried. I really just wanted to give people that went to Branson a heads-up. You can decide how to proceed from there.

Basically a big “ditto” for me, but I’m waiting to take the first Paxlovid until I take my other nightly meds ( per my Dr.)

HI All, Sorry to hear about all the Covid infections. I too returned home on Sunday feeling horse and tested positive on Monday. Got all my shots and feeling OK now. After a two year wait I thought this would not be a problem.

I thank you all for attending. Branson is a great town and we enjoyed the week. If you have any favorite photos of the event, please send them to me in an email at ray@rivowners.org

19 hours ago, johnrex said:

Started on Paxlovid this evening. Sure is a bad tasting med. My daughter, the doctor, says that if things don't get better, major medical centers offer IV treatments that are really good.

Consider yourself lucky that you can taste how bad it tastes!!! 😂  😂  😂

2 minutes ago, RivNut said:

I hope not. Linda just returned from the store with Twizzlers, Tootsie Rolls, and Mike and Ikes.

Family members who have been infected with previous variants developed lingering "no taste or smell" symptoms later in the recovery process. Hope you are more fortunate.

Tom

On 6/16/2022 at 11:57 AM, RivNut said:

Ed, I’ve read Paxlovid is for higher risk folks that might have to go to the hospital without the Paxlovid. I’m taking Paxlovid and not in the hospital. My energy is sapped from the virus. I still plod along…. “Yard by yard life is hard, inch by inch life is a cinch.”unknown

13 hours ago, RivNut said:

I’ve lost neither my sense of taste nor my sense of smell

I had a friend that got COVID and lost his sense of smell for quite some time. Always with a sense of humour, he said, "Well, the good news, with hand on heart I can honestly say that my sh*t doesn't stink".

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Ed, I’ve read Paxlovid is for higher risk folks that might have to go to the hospital without the Paxlovid. I’m taking Paxlovid and not in the hospital. My energy is sapped from the virus. I still plod along…. “Yard by yard life is hard, inch by inch life is a cinch.”unknown

Higher risk in this context includes not just people with chronic heart, lung, liver, or kidney problems or other serious medical conditions but also anyone overweight (bmi 25 or higher), or sedentary, or 65 and older, or with high blood pressure, or diabetes, or smoking, or dementia, etc. In other words, almost all of us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rivdrivn said:

Higher risk in this context includes not just people with chronic heart, lung, liver, or kidney problems or other serious medical conditions but also anyone overweight (bmi 25 or higher), or sedentary, or 65 and older, or with high blood pressure, or diabetes, or smoking, or dementia, etc. In other words, almost all of us.

Had not realized Americans had a myriad of health problems as they age. All the items you mentioned that apply to the advanced aging group makes plenty of sense. I was in great shape until I got sick all at once.

The younger group of Americans may not be burdened with the health issues aforementioned as the older group. I would suppose a 25 year old with higher Basal metabolic Index and smokes would qualify for Paxlovid. The physician diagnosing the medical course of action has first call. I’ll leave the medical statements to the doctors, medical researchers, and statisticians. In the meantime I’ll keep polishing turbines. I can handle polishing cast aluminum with a measurable degree of experience.

Turbinator

15 hours ago, RivNut said:

I’ve lost neither my sense of taste nor my sense of smell.   

????

Personally, it’s my plain good sense I’m trying to keep…. Assuming I ever had any at all. A bit I’d self deprecating humor never hurts.

Turbinator

3 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Had not realized Americans had a myriad of health problems as they age. All the items you mentioned that apply to the advanced aging group makes plenty of sense. I was in great shape until I got sick all at once.

The younger group of Americans may not be burdened with the health issues aforementioned as the older group. I would suppose a 25 year old with higher Basal metabolic Index and smokes would qualify for Paxlovid. The physician diagnosing the medical course of action has first call. I’ll leave the medical statements to the doctors, medical researchers, and statisticians. In the meantime I’ll keep polishing turbines. I can handle polishing cast aluminum with a measurable degree of experience.

Turbinator

You can't go wrong with the Turbinator!

• 2 weeks later...